When using an ice machine, regular cleaning and maintenance is imperative, especially when you are serving ice to your customers. Cleanliness should always be a priority to keep your customers on the safe side. Cleaning the commercial ice machine wouldn’t suffice to prevent bacteria in ice. It requires professional expertise and the right tools to maintain the machine safely. To keep your machine in top shape, follow these tips mentioned as under:
Analyze the Functionality of the Machine:
Before you begin the cleaning process, check the following in your ice machine:
• The working condition of the controls and wiring
• Temperature inside the ice machine
• Pressure of the water system
• Condition of water sensors, water distributor parts, thermistors, water valve, bearings, water sump, and others.
For Proper Cleaning of Your Ice Machine, Follow these Steps:
1. Turn off and disconnect the ice machine from the power supply
2. Turn off the water supply
3. Take out all of the old ice inside the flow ice machine and drain out the water
4. Now carefully disassemble the unit, so that inspecting and cleaning the parts become easier
5. Notice for any signs of bacteria or mold on any of the parts visible
6. Make sure to use the right cleaning solution recommended for ice machines, and clean the parts. Not all cleaners shall be used in ice machines, because some of them could damage the parts.
7. If you find any calcium, iron, or lime buildup, remove them as soon as possible to prevent the machine from malfunctioning.
8. Now flush out the water system of the machine, and a suitable cleaning solution to remove contaminants, if any.
9. To remove mold and scale, take out the parts that are removable and apply the cleaning solution using a brush. Only use soft cloth on parts that are easily susceptible to damage.
10. Clean the storage bin drain thoroughly. Pressure wash is effective.
11. Remove any dirt and grease from the condenser coil using a brush and non-corrosive cleaner. This facilitates ice production while also keeping bacteria at bay.
Replace Filters When Necessary:
Alongside proper cleaning, make sure to replace the air and water filters once every 6 months. Make sure the surrounding area of the flow ice machine is cleared out for proper air circulation.
After cleaning, sanitize the parts using a commercial solution in order to kill the remaining microorganisms. When done, rinse thoroughly using water and let it air dry. Don’t forget to wash your hands after sanitizing.
You should now understand that cleaning is not just the only step required to keep your ice free from bacteria. If this sounds like rocket science to you, a professional could help you with cleaning and maintaining your flake ice machine on a regular basis.
The author is working in a recognized company providing different kinds of commercial ice machine. He usually writes about ice machines and its benefits on various publications. For more, visit https://iceandoventechnologies.com.
Most Recent Articles
- Jan 22, 2020 Questions to Ask a Wedding Venue before Booking One by Christopher Drivas
- Jan 22, 2020 Know The Various Services Offered By Building Management Companies by Chris Pavlis
- Jan 21, 2020 Why does Dentist Sydney suggest Invisible Braces? by Paulo Pinho
- Jan 21, 2020 Tips To Choose The Right Building Management Company by Chris Pavlis
- Jan 21, 2020 Budget-Friendly Tips for Renovating Your House by Jason Khoury
Most Viewed Articles
- 459 hits Importance of Proofreading While You Write an Assignment by clara
- 392 hits Selecting a Good Plastic Mold Supplier by Guest
- 383 hits Provocative Bikini Swimwear For Hottest Girls by neol
- 382 hits How To Motivate Yourself To Write An Assignment? by Guest
- 374 hits Perth Tree Services - Care and Maintenance for Trees by Westcoast Arbor
In today’s competitive world, one must be knowledgeable about the latest online business that works effectively through seo services....
Are you caught in between seo companies introduced by a friend, researched by you, or advertised by a particular site? If that is the...
Walmart is being sued by a customer alleging racial discrimination. The customer who has filed a lawsuit against the retailer claims that it...
L'arte del tatuaggio maori e i tatuaggi Maori tradizionali sono estremamente unici; questi rigorosi tatuaggi Maori tradizionali hanno la loro...
Generic Viagra is an effective medicine for treatment of erectile dysfunction (ED) or male impotence. It is a generic equivalent of Viagra. Both...