Congratulations! You’ve purchased a beautiful marble slab for your benchtop or splashback, now for the most important part… keeping your natural piece of art looking as good as the day you bought it. Below, Avant Stone, a leading supplier of Marble Slabs in Sydney sets out some expert advice on the proper way to care for and look after your marble benchtop or splashback, to keep it looking great for years to come.
What to do & not to do
When it comes to caring for your marble slab, there are some useful rules of thumbs to follow that help you keep your marble benchtop looking as good as the day it was installed.
- If you are unsure about the suitability of a cleaning product, reach out to any Marble Slab Supplier in Sydney for helpful tips;
- Use a quality impregnating sealer. A sealer prevents the absorption of liquid into the stone, sealers now days offer protection for up to 15 years; and
- If suited to the application use a honed marble for benchtops, as honing reduces the etch marks that are present in marbles that have a higher calcite content.
- Use the surface as a workbench or for pounding, hammering, gouging, or related tasks
- Drag or scrape heavy or potentially damaging objects across the surface
- Use scouring pads or abrasive cleaners
- Use acids, bases, thinners, turpentine, metallic salts, or other chemicals to clean marble;
If your marble benchtop or countertop becomes damaged, do not fear as your marble slab supplier can assist you with products to help you remove stains or arrange a stonemason to refurnish the surface of your material.
Marble Care Tips
The best way to ensure your quality marble benchtop or splashback lasts as long as possible, and continues looking like new, is through easy care and maintenance. These steps include:
- Seal your stone with an impregnating sealer;
- Clean and remove any spills as soon as you notice them;
- Clean any stubborn spills with warm water and mild soap;
- Use coasters, hot pads, and similar items to avoid creating stains and spills;
- Wipe dried marble surfaces with clothes to remove streaks and spots;
- For serious scratches or damage, call a professional marble care or restoration company;
- If the stain has set into the stone, use a poultice available at your local marble slab supplier to remove deep set in stains;
Marble slabs are the best way to bring a touch of luxury and elegance to your home, the applications of the material are only limited by your imagination. Like any product that gets heavy use, it needs a little love and attention. For all your marble slab and marble care needs, check out Avant Stone, the leading marble supplier in Sydney.
Nihil Rawal is a director of Avant Stone, the leading marble slab supplier in Sydney. To find out more about natural stone slabs, visit www.avantstone.com.au.
Most Recent Articles
- Apr 1, 2020 Steps to set up roadrunner email services by jack jons
- Mar 31, 2020 Things You Should Know About Organic Hemp Oil by Lindsey Collins
- Mar 31, 2020 Why Buy Novelty Socks? 5 Convincing Reasons by Tanja Filipovska
- Mar 31, 2020 Browse Best-Commercialized Properties with Property Management Services by NJS Realty
- Mar 31, 2020 Advantages of SML Steel Pipe and ERW Steel Pipe by lvy lee
Most Viewed Articles
- 535 hits Importance of Proofreading While You Write an Assignment by clara
- 443 hits Provocative Bikini Swimwear For Hottest Girls by neol
- 443 hits Selecting a Good Plastic Mold Supplier by Guest
- 439 hits How To Motivate Yourself To Write An Assignment? by Guest
- 427 hits Perth Tree Services - Care and Maintenance for Trees by Westcoast Arbor
In today’s competitive world, one must be knowledgeable about the latest online business that works effectively through seo services....
Are you caught in between seo companies introduced by a friend, researched by you, or advertised by a particular site? If that is the...
Walmart is being sued by a customer alleging racial discrimination. The customer who has filed a lawsuit against the retailer claims that it...
L'arte del tatuaggio maori e i tatuaggi Maori tradizionali sono estremamente unici; questi rigorosi tatuaggi Maori tradizionali hanno la loro...
Generic Viagra is an effective medicine for treatment of erectile dysfunction (ED) or male impotence. It is a generic equivalent of Viagra. Both...