If you've got an old router lying around, don't bin it. Use it to beam glorious Wi-Fi throughout your home
We all know that Wi-Fi can be patchy at times and isn't exactly the most reliable thing. Luckily, there are a few ways to mediate this issue: adding a Wi-Fi extender or repurposing old hardware. You probably have an old router sitting in your closet somewhere, and while you could throw it out, you could use it as a Wi-Fi extender instead. It'll save you a couple of bucks and give better performance than a Wi-Fi extender, too.
Despite the simplistic setup for a Wi-Fi extender, its simplicity comes at a cost—performance. A way to mediate the issue is by reducing latency and adding another router to the network.
What Is the Benefit of Connecting Two Routers?
Although adding a Wi-Fi extender is typically easier, the results from adding another router speak for themselves. Performance-wise, adding another router to an existing one is better than any Wi-Fi extender, as it's hardwired via an Ethernet connection.
While Wi-Fi extenders receive packets from your router and retransmit them into a signal your devices can use, the performance of wired over wireless is unmatched, further justifying this simple trick. A successful install will consist of recycling old electronics and boosting your Wi-Fi signal, and here's how you do it.
Source link to read more
Most Recent Articles
- Aug 6, 2022 What are the Methods of Software Testing? by Hrushikesh Joshi
- Aug 5, 2022 Buy a projector and look for 5 points not to be pitted! Simple and practical! by daisy faith
- Jul 18, 2022 Top 15 Angular Interview Questions and Answers by Luke Moore
- Jul 18, 2022 Crowdfunding Market Research Report 2022, Size, Share, Trends and Forecast to 2027 by rozer smith
- Jul 18, 2022 Gaming Console Market Overview 2022-2027, Industry Size, Share, Trends and Forecast by rozer smith
Most Viewed Articles
- 30583 hits Familiarize The Process Of SEO by Winalyn Gaspelos
- 1615 hits Cheap Domain Registration and Web Hosting in Nepal: AGM Web Hosting by Hari Bashyal
- 1474 hits Reasons Developers Should Switch to HTML5 ASAP by Guest
- 1411 hits Very Important Ergonomic Office Furniture Brand You Should Know About by neck
- 1393 hits Get Solution of Hp Printer Offline Errors on Windows and Mac by shubhi gupta
In today’s competitive world, one must be knowledgeable about the latest online business that works effectively through seo services....
Are you caught in between seo companies introduced by a friend, researched by you, or advertised by a particular site? If that is the...
Facebook, the best and most used social app in the world, has all the social features you need. However, one feature is missing. You cannot chat...
Walmart is being sued by a customer alleging racial discrimination. The customer who has filed a lawsuit against the retailer claims that it...
HP Officejet Pro 8600 is the best printer to fulfill the high-volume printing requirements. It supports the top quality printer which can satisfy...