Threats and malware keep on taking new forms and shapes. Scammers devise new ways to gain access to our personal and financial data and if you are using smart devices that is quite obvious that you have higher risks of getting affected. Recently, a new malware named EventBot has started to grow its roots in Android devices.
Therefore, if you are an Android device user, then its high time for you to take your security to the next level. In recent researches, it was found out that this malware can steal your personal data by hacking into your PayPal or other such banking apps.
Not only this, but this malware can also hack into your cryptocurrency wallet leading to huge financial loss. So, if you want all the information about this malware, you should continue reading this post further.
What is EventBot and how does it work?(Norton.com/setup)
EventBot is another malware that is created by highly skilled scammers. This malware is hard to find and harder to get rid of. The malware is known to be downloaded on a user’s device along with some other programs. It is reported that it gets downloaded when a user tries to download Microsoft Word and Adobe Flash player. On top of that, it also gets downloaded with other such apps that you download via unauthorized means.
When you give permissions to the app or program you have actually downloaded, the fake or illegal program also gets access to your device's location, contacts, financial details, system control access, read network, send or read SMS, and so on. As soon as you allow such permissions, the malware starts its mechanism. It starts to read the data of other apps especially banking apps.
Other than this, it can read the PIN of your device as well as the password you have set on your apps. The overall data is then collected and sent to a remote server. The malware then gets passed off the two-factor authentication setup which ultimately allows them to have a sneak peek into your wallet.
The malware is, however, affecting the Android devices of the residents of the USA and Europe, but it can soon enter the devices of other countries as well.
Security recommendations to stay protected from EventBot
After knowing the working mechanism of this malware, it is essential to learn how to stay alarmed if one wishes to safeguard his Android device:
- The first and foremost thing a user should do is never download an app from any platform other than Android Play Store.
- Since this malware could not make its way to the Play Store, therefore, you should not choose any platform including trusted social media websites for downloading the app.
- Make sure to always update the operating system of your Android device.
- Ensure to enable the Google Play Protect feature so that you get an alert about the suspicious apps.
- Prefer to analyze an app critically before you download it and do not forget to read its reviews.
- You can also check the APK signature of every app before downloading it.
- Download Norton Mobile Security which has mobile threat detection features by navigating to Norton.com/setup
- Discuss the potential risks and malware risks from other apps with the elders and children of your family.
When in doubt, get help from cybersecurity experts by discussing with them your problems. If you come across any such application, link, or programs, do not forget to report it to the concerned authorities. They will take the appropriate action against such activities.
Most Recent Articles
- Sep 25, 2020 Frsky RC It is a fairly new company by Jessica Jackson
- Sep 25, 2020 A quick tour to Microsoft OneNote by Sophia Williams
- Sep 24, 2020 How to Setup Alexa Echo Dot Device? by michle shown
- Sep 24, 2020 How to Fix SBCGlobal not functioning appropriately on iPhone? by Cambria Hampton
- Sep 24, 2020 Best FrSky Receiver for Fixed Wing by Jessica Jackson
Most Viewed Articles
- 28680 hits Familiarize The Process Of SEO by Winalyn Gaspelos
- 890 hits Cheap Domain Registration and Web Hosting in Nepal: AGM Web Hosting by Hari Bashyal
- 657 hits How to Delete Google Photos Account Permanently by Annabell Matt
- 655 hits BellSouth Email Login by Valerie Scott
- 648 hits Reasons Developers Should Switch to HTML5 ASAP by Guest
In today’s competitive world, one must be knowledgeable about the latest online business that works effectively through seo services....
Are you caught in between seo companies introduced by a friend, researched by you, or advertised by a particular site? If that is the...
Walmart is being sued by a customer alleging racial discrimination. The customer who has filed a lawsuit against the retailer claims that it...
L'arte del tatuaggio maori e i tatuaggi Maori tradizionali sono estremamente unici; questi rigorosi tatuaggi Maori tradizionali hanno la loro...
Facebook, the best and most used social app in the world, has all the social features you need. However, one feature is missing. You cannot chat...