Choosing the metal
Usually, the brides prefer the same metal for both rings as it creates a pleasing and well-coordinated look. Both 2mm gold wedding band and engagement rings have the same wearability and hence complement each other.
However, mixing and matching metals is also a wise thought. This renders a modernistic yet trendy look, making the band seem more special. You can also add anniversary rings each year.
Choosing the metals depends on your personal preference, but make sure that the metals are durable. Also, the rings that you choose should be made of metals that have the same hardness. This prevents the softer ring from being scratched by the harder rings. For example, a hard metal like platinum can wear down gold and silver easily.
Should my wedding band be flush fit?
It is a matter of choice if you want your 2mm wedding band to sit flush against your engagement rings. Most women don't like to have a gap between two bands and think that it destroys the overall look.
There are no conditions that state that the two rings should be of the same shape and size and fit against each other. You can keep the gap between the two bands and wearing rings of different shapes and styles.
However, if your engagement ring includes a large gemstone like a pear or marquise, then it's a good idea to get a contoured wedding ring. This will ensure that your wedding ring is visible and there is a gap between the two rings.
You should note that the width of the ring may not fit to scale and can vary.
Here are some trends that have been seen over the years. Each person has a unique shape of their fingers as per their personal style, and make sure to choose the one that fits you. It would be better to see the jewellery and try them in person to know if you like it on your own hands, so we recommend you go to a jewellery store where you can get several options of jewellery.
- 1.5mm: It is very delicate, and you shouldn't choose anything thinner than this.
- 2mm: Narrow, perfect if you want a thin band against your engagement ring.
- 3mm (Spaghetti): Classic width fits nicely next to an engagement ring but is also quite heavy to be worn on its own.
- 4mm: Medium, it is normal for men who want a slimmer band or women who do not wear an engagement ring.
- 5mm (Linguine): it is a traditional men's wedding band, but many women also choose to wear this.
- 6mm (Fettuccine): it is usually wide, bold and solid.
Are you wearing both engagement and wedding bands?
Traditionally, a 2mm gold wedding band is worn on the third finger of your left hand along with the engagement ring. This is a common way to wear rings, but there are also other ways.
One creative way is to wear two thin wedding rings, one on either side of the engagement ring. This enhances the look of the engagement ring. Focus on your gemstones as it gives your ring a dynamic and stacked appearance.
There is also a way in which you wear the engagement ring on the right hand and the wedding ring on the left. This adds sparkle to your hands.
Most Recent Articles
- Jul 9, 2021 Best Mascara Brands That Are Highly Recommended by Ifra Saleem
- Jul 8, 2021 The Best Long Jumpers to Wear With Volleyball by mariajordan
- Jul 5, 2021 What Are Some Versatile Ring Designs for a Modern Wedding? by Donnell Dean
- Jul 2, 2021 Best Mascara Brands That Are Highly Recommended by Ifra Saleem
- Jul 1, 2021 Tips for choosing a wig by chloe1104
Most Viewed Articles
- 831 hits Keep the Style Integral with the Cool Collection of Oppo Realme 2 Pro Mobile Cases by Yamini Rawal
- 811 hits A Guide To Buy Men’s Bracelets by Steve Rowe
- 753 hits Printed Tank Tops: Cool, Comfortable, Affordable by Kavya Rawal
- 752 hits Get Plus Size Clothes In A Variety Of Colors At Online by Kavya Rawal
- 721 hits Shop the Latest Women’s Clothing Online in Just a Few Clicks by Yamini Rawal
In today’s competitive world, one must be knowledgeable about the latest online business that works effectively through seo services....
Are you caught in between seo companies introduced by a friend, researched by you, or advertised by a particular site? If that is the...
Facebook, the best and most used social app in the world, has all the social features you need. However, one feature is missing. You cannot chat...
Walmart is being sued by a customer alleging racial discrimination. The customer who has filed a lawsuit against the retailer claims that it...
Cash App cannot send money directly from PayPal to the Cash app, but you can use your bank account to transfer funds between them. After this there...