Depression is real, and it is a common mental disorder that affects more than 264 million people of all ages. Clinical depression can lead to suicide if not treated. There are effective psychological treatments for moderate and severe depression. Although there are effective treatments for mental disorders like tms treatment, only a few receive the treatment, while others live with some form of mental illness.
While depression is technically a mental disorder, it can negatively affect physical health and well-being. Of course, feeling anxious or sad at times is a normal part of life, and could be managed. But, if these feelings last for more than a couple of weeks even after indulging yourself in some other activities, they could be symptoms of depression.
The impact of depression on quality of life
Research shows that people with depression have impaired physical, social, and work functioning compared with non-depressed people. The impact of depression on quality of life is measured based on the severity of the depression. However, some aspects of depression are intangible and difficult to measure. It includes suffering, pain, stress on family, caregivers, friends, and other relationships, which causes disruptions in daily activities, marital breakdown, and in worse cases, homeless. This is why it is important to seek professional help and consider tms castle hill treatment for your sake.
Symptoms of Depression
- Trouble concentrating, making decisions, and remembering details
- Insomnia, sleeping too much, or early-morning wakefulness
- Overeating or loss of appetite
- Suicidal thoughts or attempts
- Aches, headaches, and pains that won’t go away
- Sad, anxious, and feeling lonely and empty
If you experience any of these symptoms, it is advisable to get help from a professional.
Gone are the days where electroconvulsive therapy was the gold standard for treatment-resistant depression. Today, there are effective treatments for both moderate and severe depression. Yes, there is a newer treatment option called Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), especially for people who have an inadequate response to therapy and medications alone.
What is Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)?
TMS is a non-invasive therapy of brain stimulation. The TMS device is operated outside of the body and affects central nervous system activity by applying magnetic waves to specific areas of brain that is responsible for depression. Many patients with depression find TMS therapy effective and have seen improved quality of life.
Does TMS Work?
Yes! About one-third of the individuals who have tried and failed to benefit from medications and therapies have experienced a full remission. Their symptoms go away completely.
For further queries about TMS therapy, please call our tms clinic castle hill.
The author is a Psychiatrist, and he provides personalised tms castle hill therapy in an outpatient setting, avoiding the need for patient hospitalisation. Visit https://www.sydneytms.com.au/ for more details.
Most Recent Articles
- Mar 4, 2021 Trending Wedding Hairstyles For 2021 by Chris Babb
- Mar 4, 2021 Unique Wedding Bands are Perfect to Choose for Wedding Couples by Donnell Dean
- Mar 2, 2021 8mm Gold Wedding Band will Be a Perfect Fit for Your Finger by Donnell Dean
- Feb 20, 2021 Which make of hair pieces for men is the greatest? by Agler Smith
- Feb 17, 2021 Men's Green Leather Bracelet for Stylish Look by Andrew Wilson
Most Viewed Articles
- 707 hits Keep the Style Integral with the Cool Collection of Oppo Realme 2 Pro Mobile Cases by Yamini Rawal
- 644 hits Printed Tank Tops: Cool, Comfortable, Affordable by Kavya Rawal
- 632 hits Bikini Laser Hair Removal Product is Designed to Help You Find Smooth Skin Quickly! by Guest
- 629 hits A Guide To Buy Men’s Bracelets by Steve Rowe
- 617 hits Get Plus Size Clothes In A Variety Of Colors At Online by Kavya Rawal
In today’s competitive world, one must be knowledgeable about the latest online business that works effectively through seo services....
Are you caught in between seo companies introduced by a friend, researched by you, or advertised by a particular site? If that is the...
Walmart is being sued by a customer alleging racial discrimination. The customer who has filed a lawsuit against the retailer claims that it...
Facebook, the best and most used social app in the world, has all the social features you need. However, one feature is missing. You cannot chat...
Cash App cannot send money directly from PayPal to the Cash app, but you can use your bank account to transfer funds between them. After this there...