Wristwatches come in all shapes and sizes, and how you wear your watch matters. From choosing the right watch for the right occasion to making sure your watch fits correctly, all men should know watch etiquette to be regarded as a true gentleman.
1. Never Check the Time While Talking to Someone
While you are in the middle of a conversation, glancing at your wristwatch to check the time will imply that you are no longer interested in the present company. It could offend the person with whom you are speaking. A gentleman will always find a way to leave a conversation or meeting without hurting others' feelings.
2. Wear Watches That Match Your Clothes
Although there is no such rule that says you must wear a specific watch with a particular outfit, an improper selection can look off. A watch with a dark dial and strap goes well with dark attire. For a business casual, Tufina watches will be a perfect fit to showcase your style and boldness. Choosing the right timepiece can enhance the overall look.
3. Don't Wear a Watch with a Giant Dial
The average size of a watch case should be between 34 mm to 50 mm. However, it has become fashionable to wear watches with bigger dials. A watch with a big face will look inappropriate on someone with a smaller wrist. If you have a wrist that is six to seven inches, a wristwatch with a 38 mm to 42 mm dial is the ideal size. For wrists larger than seven inches, you can go with a 42 mm to 48 mm size case.
4. Don't Touch Another Person's Watch
A wristwatch is some people's most prized possession, and many people would not want another person to handle their watches without permission. It is sensible to view someone's timepiece without touching it. If the person removes it and gives it to you to look at, that is an invitation for you to inspect and admire it.
5. Make Sure Your Watch Is Not Too Tight or Too Loose
Wearing a watch should appear to be natural and make you feel comfortable. The dial of your wristwatch should sit right next to your wrist bone. You should not wear a watch too tight because that will put a lot of pressure on your wrist. Similarly, it should not be too loose that you have to adjust it when raising your hand. Make sure that your watch is strapped correctly around your wrist.
If you are looking for a new watch from the latest brands, you can read watch reviews online.
Resource Box :
The author regularly writes about watches and manages a website that gives the latest updates on branded watches. Are Theorema watches good? Should you buy a Movado? The author has answers to all your watch related questions.
Most Recent Articles
- Feb 24, 2021 Unique Men’s Rings for Better and Smoother Depiction by Andrew Wilson
- Feb 24, 2021 5 Tips to Help Sell Watches Online by Olivia Rodrigo
- Feb 24, 2021 3 Tips for Buying Your Girlfriend Her Dream Jewelry on This Valentine Day by Olivia Rodrigo
- Feb 24, 2021 3 Tips for buying your girlfriend her dream jewelry on this valentine day by Olivia Rodrigo
- Feb 24, 2021 How to choose the perfect Valentine's Day Gift? by Olivia Rodrigo
Most Viewed Articles
- 719 hits A Brief Note About Stainless Steel Jewelries by Steve Smith
- 665 hits Charm Bracelet for Women is Designed to Suit Just Any Occasion and Venue! by Steve Mize
- 646 hits Why Should Buy Stainless Steel Jewelry? by Steve Smith
- 626 hits Stainless Steel Vs. Sterling Silver by Steve Smith
- 613 hits Things You May Not Know About Pawn Shops by Guest
In today’s competitive world, one must be knowledgeable about the latest online business that works effectively through seo services....
Are you caught in between seo companies introduced by a friend, researched by you, or advertised by a particular site? If that is the...
Walmart is being sued by a customer alleging racial discrimination. The customer who has filed a lawsuit against the retailer claims that it...
Facebook, the best and most used social app in the world, has all the social features you need. However, one feature is missing. You cannot chat...
Cash App cannot send money directly from PayPal to the Cash app, but you can use your bank account to transfer funds between them. After this there...