Are you a small business owner, and decided to establish a 401(k) qualified retirement plan for you and your employees? At that point, your first question might be “Who will take care of the plan’s recordkeeping and administration requirements?” Then seek the help of third-party administrator like Heartland Consulting Group, Inc.
What is a 401(k)?
The 401(k) plans is named for the section of the tax code that governs them, arose during the 1980s as a supplement to pensions. It is a retirement savings plan that will be helpful for the workers to save and invest a piece of their paycheck before taxes are taken out. Taxes aren’t paid until the money is withdrawn from the account.
Choose the Retirement Plan Administrator Who Offer These 401(k) Plan Options
In today’s AI world, retirement plan accounting process different and complex than before. So, it is essential to choose the right plan that fits your needs and the right company who have these type 401(k) administration plan options.
1- Safe Harbor 401(k) Plan
The safe harbor 401(k) plan enables employees to contribute a percentage of their salary with each paycheck in addition to employer contributions. Plus, with safe harbor 401(k) plan, you will not be required to undergo top-heavy and non-discrimination testing which cuts out a lot of paperwork and expense. This eases complicated administrative requirements and costs for the business owner.
2- Simple 401(k) Plan
Did you know employers can opt to contribute up to 3 percent of their employees' salary into the simple 401(k) account?
Like the safe harbor 401(k) plan, does not need to undergo testing. It is a blend of a simple IRA and a traditional 401(k) plan because it offers features that appear in both plans. Unlike the traditional 401(k) plan, eligibility is dependent on whether or not your business has less than 100 employees who have been compensated at least $5,000 within the previous year.
3- Traditional 401(k) Plan
Traditional 401(k) plans gives employees a variety of investment options. This plan allows the small business owner to change the amount of employer contributions every year. For example, if business is slow one year then the small business owner can choose to decrease employee contributions to compensate.
What Are The Day-To-Day Duties of the Right Retirement Plan Administrator?
Check does the retirement plan administrator who you have chosen do the day-to-day duties, which are mentioned below. If so, they are the trusted source to handle yours and your employee’s retirement plan accounting.
• Interpreting and explaining plan provisions
• Preparing and filing plan tax forms
• Calculating employee and/or employer plan contribution amounts
• Deciding when an employee becomes eligible to participate in the plan
Half of all Americans are set to meet their retirement saving goals—the earlier you start planning, the better.
The author of this article is a professional retirement plan administrator with over a decade of experience in the industry. In this article he discusses a few tips to choose the right third-party administrator for your small business 401(k) plan. To learn more, visit http://heartcg.com/
Most Recent Articles
- Jul 18, 2022 Gaming Console Market Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Outlook 2022-2027 by rozer smith
- Jul 1, 2022 The Growing Need for QA Testing in Fintech Industry by Alexis Biy
- Jun 29, 2022 Investing Guide for the Short Term Investment Plans by aman khanna
- Jun 28, 2022 How can Mutual Fund Software enhance the performance of Distributors by Mutualfundsoftware
- Jun 27, 2022 How Mutual Fund Software for IFA Assists in Evaluating the Progress of Clients Investment? by Wealth Elite
Most Viewed Articles
- 725 hits Are You Considering Re-Financing? by nisse lind
- 625 hits Mutual Funds Investment: Top 10 Mutual Fund Investment 2018 by Guest
- 600 hits 4 valid reasons for choosing accounting bookkeeping service Hertfordshire by Shareen Khan
- 444 hits The Right Time to Hire Debit Counseling Services by National Debt Counsellors
- 386 hits Are You Unemployed or Have A Low Score: Possible Ways Of Getting Money by Payday Rooster
In today’s competitive world, one must be knowledgeable about the latest online business that works effectively through seo services....
Are you caught in between seo companies introduced by a friend, researched by you, or advertised by a particular site? If that is the...
Facebook, the best and most used social app in the world, has all the social features you need. However, one feature is missing. You cannot chat...
Walmart is being sued by a customer alleging racial discrimination. The customer who has filed a lawsuit against the retailer claims that it...
HP Officejet Pro 8600 is the best printer to fulfill the high-volume printing requirements. It supports the top quality printer which can satisfy...