Pasta, a staple food of Italian cuisine, has become one of the world’s most accessible foods. This popular, inexpensive staple has taken different, unique versions in different countries. In the US, lasagna pasta in Colorado Springs is made and served similarly to the way it is found in Italy. Even though pasta is traditionally Italian, it has a different story and is almost impossible to know who came up with the dish first. But, one thing is sure, Italian pasta was not born yesterday.
So what is the history of pasta and how did it get to Italy? The widespread belief of Marco Polo introducing pasta in Italy after his travel to China in 1295 is false. A magazine article proves that pasta was already known in Italy before Marco Polo. Ultimately, it is a combined effort of both human intelligence, creativity, and evolution. Many historians also believe that spaghetti was not native to the Mediterranean but originated in Arabic countries and even Africa, which is known for Kamut crops. This crop is used to make a pasta shape that originated in Africa that was renamed Fregola.
Lasagna, ravioli, linguini, and vermicelli are the first pasta shapes in the history of Italian food. In the past, the pasta recipes include small, fine pasta such as vermicelli cooked in soups, broths or in almond milk to create a gruel or mush.
The year 1600 is the golden age of manufacturing pasta when the introduction of the extrusion press and brake had taken full force in the industry. During those days, pasta made by the extrusion press was superior to the pasta made by hand as the consistency of the pasta shapes and the texture were identical from one piece of pasta to the next which is impossible with home-made pasta.
Pasta and Italian Cuisine
Did you know Italians are the first to serve pasta as the main dish? Yes, they are responsible for how pasta is eaten today. They are well-known to mix the best, fresh, local ingredients to their pasta recipes to create wonderful pasta sauces.
Are you planning to eat out this weekend? Didn’t find the right dining restaurant? Rocco's Italian Restaurant, the leading family Italian restaurant in Colorado Springs, serves the best Italian dishes for you to explore. Visit http://www.roccoscolorado.com/ to order your favorite pasta or a bucket of spaghetti in Colorado Springs.
The author of this article is associated with a leading family Italian restaurant in Colorado Springs. In this article, he explains the twisted history of pasta. Visit http://www.roccoscolorado.com/ for more information.
Most Recent Articles
- Apr 15, 2021 Soft drinks manufacturers in Chennai by Rosoda
- Apr 15, 2021 Know About the Tavern Experience – Start Planning Your New Adventure by Connie Peterson
- Apr 14, 2021 Why is Italian your favourite kind of Food? by Con Koutroumbas
- Apr 14, 2021 How to find the best Italian Restaurant? by Con Koutroumbas
- Apr 14, 2021 The Best Sauces That Go Well With Grilled Chicken by Con Koutroumbas
Most Viewed Articles
- 771 hits List of Celebrities who aren't shy about their sweet tooth by Myra
- 692 hits Natural Factors Canada Supplements: The Best Means to Replenish Your Health by NANCY SMITH
- 581 hits This week in food and drink: What's brewing in 2018 by nisse lind
- 562 hits Things to consider when choosing best Woodstock VT Restaurants by Lincolninn
- 490 hits Brentwood Food Delivery Service is All Set to Bring Immense Help for You! by Richard Mize
In today’s competitive world, one must be knowledgeable about the latest online business that works effectively through seo services....
Are you caught in between seo companies introduced by a friend, researched by you, or advertised by a particular site? If that is the...
Facebook, the best and most used social app in the world, has all the social features you need. However, one feature is missing. You cannot chat...
Walmart is being sued by a customer alleging racial discrimination. The customer who has filed a lawsuit against the retailer claims that it...
Cash App cannot send money directly from PayPal to the Cash app, but you can use your bank account to transfer funds between them. After this there...