Prilosec generic is the generic version of the drug omeprazole, used in the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
In some people, the acid present in the abdomen flows backwards through the oesophagus i.e. the tube between the throat and the stomach. It then leads to the heartburn and injures the oesophagus.
Prilosec generic, approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 1989, is effective medicine used in the treatment of Zollinger-Ellison syndrome i.e. a condition in which excessive acid is produced in the stomach and erosive esophagitis.
This can even be useful in critically ill patients, Prilosec may be used to prevent upper gastrointestinal bleeding and in the treatment for an infection of a type of bacteria, Helicobacter pylori, that can cause stomach ulcers.
Prilosec is in a family of drugs called proton pump inhibitors (PPIs). These medicines stop the production of stomach acid. This medication is also available in a prescription and nonprescription (OTC) both forms.
It is very important to take, Prilosec exactly as directed as OTC package label.
The OTC form of medicine should not be taken for more than 14 days or avoid using it more often than once per four months.
If you are looking for immediate relief from your illness then Prilosec may not fulfil your need because it takes four days for you to feel the full benefit of this medication. However, you should see a doctor if your symptoms do not improve after 14 days of consumption of this drug. You can also contact your doctor if your symptoms return before four months after finishing the treatment with it.
Higher dosage of PPIs is associated with increased risk for fracturing your wrists, hips, or spine. The longer treatment also weakens the stomach lining of the patient.
Before taking Prilosec, you should tell your doctor if you are of Asian descent, have ever had low levels of magnesium in your blood or have ever had liver disease.
If you are taking the OTC form of Prilosec, consult your doctor if the following symptoms are experienced:
• Lightheadedness, sweating, or dizziness with your heartburn
• Heartburn that has lasted three months or longer
• Pain that spreads to the arms, neck, or shoulders
• Difficulty swallowing food or pain when you swallow
• Black or bloody stools
Pregnancy and Prilosec
Prilosec comes under FDA Pregnancy Category C drug. Category C is not known how it will affect the fetus. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or planning pregnancy before you take Prilosec.
After passing it from breast milk to the nursing infant, how it reacts is unknown to science. You should ask your doctor whether to take the medicine or not before breastfeeding considering its side effects.
Prilosec Side Effects-
1. Common Side Effects of Prilosec
• Nausea or vomiting
2. Serious Side Effects of Prilosec
• Uncontrollable shaking of a part of the body
• Swelling of the face, throat, tongue, lips, eyes, hands, feet, or lower legs
• Fast, irregular, or pounding heartbeat
Most Recent Articles
- Aug 5, 2020 Mend Your Mind and Body with the Abet of Lifestyle Blogs by YOUNG LIKE B
- Jul 27, 2020 Wisdom Teeth Removal and Aftercare! by Paulo Pinho
- Jul 27, 2020 The types of Teeth replacement options and why Dental Implants are the best! by Paulo Pinho
- Jul 27, 2020 The Best Scottsdale Arizona Personal Trainer by Every Bitfitaz
- Jul 27, 2020 Nerolina Will Help You Relax by Essential Oil Wizardry
Most Viewed Articles
- 1607 hits Generic Viagra Proving To Be an Effective Solution to Cure Erectile Dysfunction by Guest
- 837 hits Get High Potential Stamina On Bed help of Viagra by Guest
- 801 hits The relationship between erectile dysfunction severity, mean platelet volume and vitamin D levels by John Moses
- 569 hits Military Women, Health Care Access, Fake News: Undergraduates’ Career Plans by Smithsson
- 554 hits Caverta 100mg Helps You to Overcome Penile Weakness by paul gonzales
In today’s competitive world, one must be knowledgeable about the latest online business that works effectively through seo services....
Are you caught in between seo companies introduced by a friend, researched by you, or advertised by a particular site? If that is the...
Walmart is being sued by a customer alleging racial discrimination. The customer who has filed a lawsuit against the retailer claims that it...
L'arte del tatuaggio maori e i tatuaggi Maori tradizionali sono estremamente unici; questi rigorosi tatuaggi Maori tradizionali hanno la loro...
Activate www.youtube.com/activate on Roku and Kodi Platform Activating YouTube on Roku and Kodi with youtube.com/activate is equivalent...