Did you know? If you're right-handed, you will chew your food on your right side. If you're left-handed, you will eat your food on your left side. We all know that mouth is a channel through which food is fed, and the teeth grind the food, making the food to digest easily. They provide you self-confidence, improve your quality of life and allow you to feel more natural. Healthy teeth not only give an aesthetic appeal but also they play a significant role in your health and overall sense of well-being.
Bright and beautiful teeth are always an attractive asset, but what if you have more teeth than a normal human being should have? In dental terms, dentist Kellyville says that having more number of teeth than the normal is called as Hyperdontia. So this article gives you a detailed explanation of condition, its impact and treatment methods done by the Kellyville dentist. Let’s see in detail below.
What Is Hyperdontia And What Causes It?
Hyperdontia is a condition in which too many teeth grow in your mouth. These additional teeth are called supernumerary teeth. They can grow anywhere in the curved areas where teeth are attached to your jaw, known as the dental arches.
Hyperdontia occurs either due to genetic disorder or congenital disabilities.
Symptoms of Hyperdontia
The growth of extra teeth behind or close to your permanent teeth is the symptom for Hyperdontia. They are categorised based on their location in your mouth, and the types are as follows,
• Supplemental – This tooth is similar to the kind of teeth adjacent to it.
• Tuberculate – This tooth is tube-like shaped.
• Compound Odontoma – In this condition, several small, tooth-like growths are formed.
• Complex Odontoma - Large tooth-like tissue grows in a disorderly manner.
• Conical, Or Peg-Shaped – This type of tooth is sharper and conical in shape.
Based on the structure Hyperdontia is categorised as follows,
• Paramolar – Teeth that grow next to one of your molars.
• Distomolar – Teeth that grows in line with other molars, rather than around them.
• Mesiodens – Teeth that grow behind or around your incisors.
When to Remove the Extra Teeth?
Generally, Hyperdontia dosen’t needs treatment, unless and until it develops any oral issues. The dentist Kellyville recommends removing your extra teeth if you experience the following conditions,
• Chewing problems
• Severe pain or discomfort due to overcrowding
• Difficulty in brushing your teeth or flossing
• For retaining your aesthetics
Thus getting regular checkups and maintaining good oral hygiene habits can help keep your extra teeth healthy.
The author is a blogger and owns Kellyville dental clinic that offers services like teeth whitening, dental implants and many more. For further details visit https://www.kellyvillesmiles.com.au/.
Most Recent Articles
- Apr 3, 2020 Joint Replacement Device Market Key Insights, Profiling Companies and Growth Strategies by Pooja
- Apr 2, 2020 How to support your partner after birth? by William Davis
- Apr 1, 2020 Root Canal Treatment - What should you know about it? by Frank Meshkani
- Apr 1, 2020 Powerful Benefits of Professional Pregnancy Massage by Michael Devine
- Mar 23, 2020 Know the Common Occupational Hazards in Film Industry by Johonniuss Chemweno
Most Viewed Articles
- 1453 hits Generic Viagra Proving To Be an Effective Solution to Cure Erectile Dysfunction by Guest
- 749 hits Get High Potential Stamina On Bed help of Viagra by Guest
- 719 hits The relationship between erectile dysfunction severity, mean platelet volume and vitamin D levels by John Moses
- 484 hits Military Women, Health Care Access, Fake News: Undergraduates’ Career Plans by Smithsson
- 474 hits Homoeopathy for bad breath by Olivia Sorbet
In today’s competitive world, one must be knowledgeable about the latest online business that works effectively through seo services....
Are you caught in between seo companies introduced by a friend, researched by you, or advertised by a particular site? If that is the...
Walmart is being sued by a customer alleging racial discrimination. The customer who has filed a lawsuit against the retailer claims that it...
L'arte del tatuaggio maori e i tatuaggi Maori tradizionali sono estremamente unici; questi rigorosi tatuaggi Maori tradizionali hanno la loro...
Generic Viagra is an effective medicine for treatment of erectile dysfunction (ED) or male impotence. It is a generic equivalent of Viagra. Both...