Too much of tooth grinding and jaw compression is also called as “Bruxism.” This is an oral parafunctional activity, will put you at the risk of jaw pain, tooth sensitivity, worn-down teeth, headaches etc., There is no such one accepted reason which is identified that causes tooth grinding, while the dentist Rozelle mention that there may be several factors that contribute to the problem, they are -
- Dental problems
- Side-effects of any medication
- Addicted to grinding teeth
- Sleep Apnoea/Sleep Disorders
- Lifestyle factors – taking too much of caffeine,smoking
- Parkinson’s disease or any neurological disorder
- Abnormal Biting
Did you know – About 8 to 10% of the people grind their teeth regularly, and it mostly occurs in 25 – 44 year-olds.
But, how do you know if you are grinding your teeth? Well, here are some Symptoms to Tooth Grinding, as narrated by an emergency dentist Rozelle
- Headache – The most common sign of tooth grinding
- Discomfort in jaw also known as Temporomandibular joint (TMJ)
- Ear Pain
- Pain in facial muscles
- You are able to open your mouth in a limited way
- Cracking sound while opening the jaw
- Trouble in sleeping, at the same time disturbing the sleep of the bed partner too
- Fracture in teeth
- Improper alignment of the Jaw
- Inflammation in the gums
- Missing teeth
- Wobbling teeth
How to get rid of Teeth Grinding?
The best solution for Teeth Grinding is to identify and deal with the cause that is causing this. Normally, teeth grinding is treated in two forms
- Occlusal management
- Behavioural management
Occlusal management uses mechanical appliances to substantially stop tooth grinding.
- Regular dental check-ups by an expert dentist in Rozelle
- Using Occlusal splints or bite guards
- Dental correction by a cosmetic dentist Rozelle
- Mandibular Advancement Devices
Whereas, Behavioural management deals with the stress and lifestyle issues that cause the problem.
- Adjustments in lifestyle
- Stress relief programs
- Sleep therapy for patients with Sleep disorders
- Relaxing the muscles
- Habit breaking programs
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
Though the Healthcare professionals offerspecialised treatment plans, which includes many procedures, once when you identify that you have a tooth grinding problem, it is essential to take immediate action to prevent any further damage to the teeth or jaw. The simplest and the most effective mechanical intervention is a bite guard. This bite guard can be worn at night and day, when the bruxism problem is intense. This device keeps the teeth separated. But it is wise to get the opinion of a dentist to avoid any further damage to your oral health!
The author is a dentist in rozelle, who offers various ideas on maintaining oral health in his blog. He has been recognised by many journals for his practical counsel. Visit https://www.scdental.com.au/ for more details.
Most Recent Articles
- Nov 5, 2019 Tips To Prevent Skin Cancer by Dr Ono Alex Ohunyon
- Nov 1, 2019 Dental Implant Care Guide by Paulo Pinho
- Nov 1, 2019 Signs That Indicate Your Wisdom Teeth Growing In by Paulo Pinho
- Nov 1, 2019 Precautions and Care Needed after Wisdom Teeth Removal! by Paulo Pinho
- Oct 30, 2019 Skin Cancer – All You Need To Know by Dr Ono Alex Ohunyon
Most Viewed Articles
- 1180 hits Generic Viagra Proving To Be an Effective Solution to Cure Erectile Dysfunction by Guest
- 440 hits Get High Potential Stamina On Bed help of Viagra by Guest
- 389 hits Military Women, Health Care Access, Fake News: Undergraduates’ Career Plans by Smithsson
- 386 hits The relationship between erectile dysfunction severity, mean platelet volume and vitamin D levels by John Moses
- 379 hits A Bright Healthy Smile Can Be your Visit Dental Implants Wilmington DE Today by Dr. Sam Khoury
In today’s competitive world, one must be knowledgeable about the latest online business that works effectively through seo services....
Are you caught in between seo companies introduced by a friend, researched by you, or advertised by a particular site? If that is the...
Walmart is being sued by a customer alleging racial discrimination. The customer who has filed a lawsuit against the retailer claims that it...
L'arte del tatuaggio maori e i tatuaggi Maori tradizionali sono estremamente unici; questi rigorosi tatuaggi Maori tradizionali hanno la loro...
Generic Viagra is an effective medicine for treatment of erectile dysfunction (ED) or male impotence. It is a generic equivalent of Viagra. Both...