A slipped disc can be a painful condition, and in most cases, it should get better with rest, gentle exercise, and medication. The herniated disc occur when the cushion-like cartilage between the bones of the spine is torn, and the core of the disc leaks. It can be caused due to a sudden trauma or long-term pressure on the spine. Participating in weight-bearing sports, obesity, repeated lifting, and poor postures are the risk factors for a herniated disc.
However, the majority of the herniated discs do not require surgery and responds well to Perth physiotherapy. Yes, physiotherapy has been found to reduce pain and enhance mobility in people with a slipped disc.
Signs and Symptoms
A slipped disc may cause no pain at all, or it can cause any of the following symptoms
- Weakness in arms and legs
- Difficulty getting up from a chair
- Inability to remain in the same position for a long period
- Pain that is worse in the morning
- Intense pain in the neck, low back, arms and legs
If you experience any of these, it is essential to get it checked with a physiotherapist.
How does Perth Physiotherapy Help?
You have to consult a physiotherapist to ensure your back is in grave danger. The physiotherapist will check your medical history and examine you to determine if you are fit to commence mild exercises. The physiotherapist will design individualised treatment programs to help people with slipped disc regain normal movement, reduce pain, and get back to their regular routine. The physical therapist will perform various tests on your body to detect physical problems including:
- Joint fitness
- Loss of reflexes
- Poor posture
- Difficulty walking
- Tightness or weakness in the muscles
- Numbness in certain areas
- Difficulty moving
If any of these problems are found, Physiotherapy Perth treatment may begin right away to help you get you on the road to recovery and back to your regular activities as early as possible. In all most all the cases, conservative care produces better results in treating a slipped disc than surgery and pain medications. A specific program will be designed that will help speed the recovery, including exercises and treatments that can be done at your home. The physiotherapist will work with you to
- Reduce pain and other symptoms
- Improve posture
- Improve flexibility
- Improve motion
- Improve strength
- Return to normal activities
To prevent experiencing a slipped disc you should use proper body mechanics when lifting, pulling, pushing, maintain a healthy weight, stop smoking, and keep your muscle strong and flexible.
The author is an experienced physiotherapist in Perth. In this article, he has explained how physiotherapy can help deal with the slipped disc. For more details about sports massage Perth, visit https://www.sportsmedsubiaco.com.au/ now.
Most Recent Articles
- May 11, 2020 What to expect during Routine Dental Checkup? by Joshua Su
- May 4, 2020 How Can Medical Detoxification Help You? by Morgan Ortiz
- Apr 30, 2020 Epilepsy Monitoring Devices Market Set for Rapid Growth and Trend, by 2027 by Pooja
- Apr 30, 2020 Varicose Vein Treatment Market to Witness Widespread Expansion by 2027 by Pooja
- Apr 30, 2020 Virus Filtration Market Outlook, Trend, Growth and Share Estimation Analysis by Pooja
Most Viewed Articles
- 1510 hits Generic Viagra Proving To Be an Effective Solution to Cure Erectile Dysfunction by Guest
- 788 hits Get High Potential Stamina On Bed help of Viagra by Guest
- 756 hits The relationship between erectile dysfunction severity, mean platelet volume and vitamin D levels by John Moses
- 524 hits Military Women, Health Care Access, Fake News: Undergraduates’ Career Plans by Smithsson
- 511 hits Homoeopathy for bad breath by Olivia Sorbet
In today’s competitive world, one must be knowledgeable about the latest online business that works effectively through seo services....
Are you caught in between seo companies introduced by a friend, researched by you, or advertised by a particular site? If that is the...
Walmart is being sued by a customer alleging racial discrimination. The customer who has filed a lawsuit against the retailer claims that it...
L'arte del tatuaggio maori e i tatuaggi Maori tradizionali sono estremamente unici; questi rigorosi tatuaggi Maori tradizionali hanno la loro...
Generic Viagra is an effective medicine for treatment of erectile dysfunction (ED) or male impotence. It is a generic equivalent of Viagra. Both...