We all know smoking causes cancer, and it is no wonder it affects oral health as well. Smoking is one of the significant reasons of oral cancer. Oral cancer develops within the oral cavity and look likes mouth sores that don’t go away. It can be life-threatening if not diagnosed and treated early. Cancer is the term given to a collection of related diseases. However, in all types of cancer, including oral cancer, some of the cells in the body begin to multiply without stopping and spread into surrounding tissues.
Oral cancer can occur anywhere in your mouth, the lips, inside the cheeks, on the surface of the tongue, in the gums, and in the salivary glands. If caught early, oral cancer can be treated and cured. The dentist Quakers Hill is the right person to determine whether you have oral cancer or not.
As early detection is crucial in overcoming oral cancer, you should visit the Quakers hill dental clinic immediately if you experience any of these signs.
- Loose teeth with no dental cause
- Problems with chewing and swallowing
- Pain, numbness anywhere in your mouth
- The feeling of an object in your throat
- Sores that won’t go away
- Lumps or thick patches anywhere in your mouth
- Unexplained bleeding in the mouth
What causes oral cancer?
Smoking is one of the primary causes of not only oral cancer. Yes, cigarette smokers are six times more likely to develop oral cancer than those who do not smoke at all.
- Chewing tobacco
People who chew tobacco and use snip and duff are more likely to develop oral cancer than smokers.
Excessive drinking can significantly increase the risk of developing oral cancer. Studies show that alcoholics who are also smokers are up to 100 more likely to develop cancer than those who do not drink or smoke.
If you have any of these habits, get help from the dentist and stop doing it immediately. It is not good for your overall health as well.
How is oral cancer diagnosed and treated?
The Quakers hill dentist will conduct an oral screening test to determine and identify the stage of cancer. Once it is confirmed through various tests, including x-ray, MRI, and x-ray, the dentist will advise on the suitable treatment. Oral cancer is treated the same way the other type of cancer is treated. The treatment involves surgically removing the lump, radiation therapy, or chemotherapy to destroy the cancer cells.
The author is a vivid blogger and a dentist in Quakers Hill. Along with a team of dental professional, he provides a wide range of dental treatments that are intended to help enhance the oral health of the patients. Visit https://www.designdental.com.au for more details.
Most Recent Articles
- Aug 5, 2020 Mend Your Mind and Body with the Abet of Lifestyle Blogs by YOUNG LIKE B
- Jul 27, 2020 Wisdom Teeth Removal and Aftercare! by Paulo Pinho
- Jul 27, 2020 The types of Teeth replacement options and why Dental Implants are the best! by Paulo Pinho
- Jul 27, 2020 The Best Scottsdale Arizona Personal Trainer by Every Bitfitaz
- Jul 27, 2020 Nerolina Will Help You Relax by Essential Oil Wizardry
Most Viewed Articles
- 1607 hits Generic Viagra Proving To Be an Effective Solution to Cure Erectile Dysfunction by Guest
- 836 hits Get High Potential Stamina On Bed help of Viagra by Guest
- 800 hits The relationship between erectile dysfunction severity, mean platelet volume and vitamin D levels by John Moses
- 567 hits Military Women, Health Care Access, Fake News: Undergraduates’ Career Plans by Smithsson
- 551 hits Homoeopathy for bad breath by Olivia Sorbet
In today’s competitive world, one must be knowledgeable about the latest online business that works effectively through seo services....
Are you caught in between seo companies introduced by a friend, researched by you, or advertised by a particular site? If that is the...
Walmart is being sued by a customer alleging racial discrimination. The customer who has filed a lawsuit against the retailer claims that it...
L'arte del tatuaggio maori e i tatuaggi Maori tradizionali sono estremamente unici; questi rigorosi tatuaggi Maori tradizionali hanno la loro...
Activate www.youtube.com/activate on Roku and Kodi Platform Activating YouTube on Roku and Kodi with youtube.com/activate is equivalent...