The wisdom teeth removal is a common procedure, and it is an outpatient surgery, which means you arrive and leave the dental office on the same day. It is not the procedure that scares you the most, the stories which you have heard from others who have already pulled out their wisdom teeth. You must understand that no two patients are the same. So do the procedure and recovery.
While most people recover from wisdom teeth removal Melbourne procedure in a couple of days, it could take a full week to recover if the teeth are impacted. Following the post-operative care instructions suggested by the dentist is the key to recover as early as possible.
To promote healing and prevent potential problems after wisdom teeth removal, here are a few instructions you need to follow.
Swelling can be reduced by applying ice packs on cheeks for up to two days. This helps to reduce swelling, bruising, and other discomforts. If your tooth was infected before removal, use warm water instead of ice.
Like swelling, bleeding is also common after extracting your wisdom teeth. Do not panic if you see blood. Keep a gauze pad over the site for about 30 minutes after the surgery to control bleeding. You can repeat it until it stops bleeding. You can also use a moistened tea bag for the same amount of time.
Stick to a soft diet for the first 24 hours after cheap wisdom teeth removal Melbourne procedure to keep yourself hydrated. Once the tooth is removed, a blood clot will be formed to promote healing. Make sure you do not dislodge the blood clot as it may lead to dry socket. Dry socket is a painful condition that occurs when a blood clot is dislodged from the extraction site, exposing bones and nerves. Do not rinse your mouth vigorously, don’t use a straw for drinking water or juice, and do not smoke as these activities can dislodge the blood clot.
After 12 hours, gently brush your teeth and rinse with warm water. Avoid brushing the near the extraction site.
Eat regular meals after 24 hours of the extraction, but begin with liquids and soft foods. You can eat mashed potatoes, puddings, and cooked cereals, vegetables, and fruits. Avoid carbonated drinks and foods like peanuts, popcorns, and pasta.
Take the pain medicines and antibiotics which are prescribed by the dentist to prevent infection and promote healing.
Whether you have removed one or more wisdom teeth, follow what your dentist says to recover quickly. For more information about the procedure and Wisdom teeth removal cost Melbourne, speak to your dentist.
The author is a dentist and a blogger who provides affordable wisdom teeth removal in Melbourne. Visit https://www.wisdomdentalemergency.com.au for more details.
Most Recent Articles
- Jun 29, 2020 Fed Up Of Stained/Discolored Teeth? Teeth Whitening Is The Solution! by smith martin
- Jun 22, 2020 Why Regular Health Check-Up is essential? by Ono Alex-Ohunyon
- Jun 17, 2020 The Importance of Diagnosing Melanoma at an early stage! by Ono Alex-Ohunyon
- Jun 16, 2020 Gundry Olive Oil Promotes a Healthy Lifestyle! by Jeri Fujen
- Jun 5, 2020 Natural Immune Booster can Make Things Perfect In Your Life! by Jeri Fujen
Most Viewed Articles
- 1564 hits Generic Viagra Proving To Be an Effective Solution to Cure Erectile Dysfunction by Guest
- 814 hits Get High Potential Stamina On Bed help of Viagra by Guest
- 780 hits The relationship between erectile dysfunction severity, mean platelet volume and vitamin D levels by John Moses
- 546 hits Military Women, Health Care Access, Fake News: Undergraduates’ Career Plans by Smithsson
- 530 hits Homoeopathy for bad breath by Olivia Sorbet
In today’s competitive world, one must be knowledgeable about the latest online business that works effectively through seo services....
Are you caught in between seo companies introduced by a friend, researched by you, or advertised by a particular site? If that is the...
Walmart is being sued by a customer alleging racial discrimination. The customer who has filed a lawsuit against the retailer claims that it...
L'arte del tatuaggio maori e i tatuaggi Maori tradizionali sono estremamente unici; questi rigorosi tatuaggi Maori tradizionali hanno la loro...
Generic Viagra is an effective medicine for treatment of erectile dysfunction (ED) or male impotence. It is a generic equivalent of Viagra. Both...