According to the National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial, “it is estimated that about more than 10 million Americans are suffering from TMJ disorder. TMJ disorder can affect the joints and muscles that are connected with the jaw. It can cause severe pain, and if left untreated, it leads to further complications. However, in most of cases, the pain and discomfort associated with TMJ disorder can be managed with nonsurgical instruments. Surgery is the last resort after conservative measures have failed. Your dentist in Albuquerque nm is the right person to determine the best TMJ treatment for you.
What is TMJ disorder?
The temporomandibular joint is what connects your jaw to the skull. When this joint is damaged or injured, it can lead to TMJ syndrome. It is caused by several factors including, injury to jaw or teeth, misalignment of teeth or jaw, dislocating the disc between tmj and skill, teeth grinding, arthritis, poor posture, and stress. TMJ disorder can be painful, and people who suffer report tightness and sharp pain their jaws and across their face. However, the pain is temporary, and it will go away if you properly treat your TMJ.
• Jaw pain on either or both sides of the face
• Ear pain
• Tightness around your face
• Difficulty chewing and pain while chewing food
• A popping noise when opening or closing your mouth
There are various treatments available for TMJ. While some require medical attention, others may need to be performed at home. However, it is advisable to consult the dentist Albuquerque nm when dealing with TMJ. Although it may be tempting to take over-the-counter pain killers to ease and soothe your pain, it is not a long-term solution.
A custom-made dental appliance is the most common TMJ treatments in Albuquerque, and it can help improve TMJ symptoms greatly. The appliance will be convenient and non-invasive that them as an excellent option.
Physical therapy with jaw exercise can help improve flexibility and strengthen jaw muscles. However, in severe cases, surgery on the jaw may be recommended. TMJ arthroscopy is a minimally invasive procedure that is done in an outpatient setting, and the recovery will be quick. Sometimes a joint replacement may be necessary, and the recovery time is four to six weeks.
If you are suffering from TMJ disorder, visit your dentist before it leads to further complications.
The author is a professional TMJ specialist and cosmetic dentist Albuquerque nm. Along with the team of professionals, he provides a wide range of dental treatments, including general dentistry, advanced cosmetic dentistry such as invisalign, implants, crowns, bridges, composite bonding, teeth whitening, and tmj treatment etc. Visit https://www.wgregoryrosedds.com for more details.
Most Recent Articles
- Apr 9, 2020 Endoscopy Equipment Market to Garner Brimming Revenues by 2022 by Pooja
- Apr 8, 2020 Regulatory Affairs Outsourcing Market to Develop Rapidly by 2023 by Pooja
- Apr 8, 2020 Dental implants for a beautiful smile to make a lasting impression! by Paulo Pinho
- Apr 7, 2020 Arthrodesis Plates Market Foreseen to Grow Exponentially by 2027 by Pooja
- Apr 7, 2020 Top reasons why Dental Implants are an excellent investment! by Paulo Pinho
Most Viewed Articles
- 1465 hits Generic Viagra Proving To Be an Effective Solution to Cure Erectile Dysfunction by Guest
- 751 hits Get High Potential Stamina On Bed help of Viagra by Guest
- 722 hits The relationship between erectile dysfunction severity, mean platelet volume and vitamin D levels by John Moses
- 488 hits Military Women, Health Care Access, Fake News: Undergraduates’ Career Plans by Smithsson
- 477 hits Homoeopathy for bad breath by Olivia Sorbet
In today’s competitive world, one must be knowledgeable about the latest online business that works effectively through seo services....
Are you caught in between seo companies introduced by a friend, researched by you, or advertised by a particular site? If that is the...
Walmart is being sued by a customer alleging racial discrimination. The customer who has filed a lawsuit against the retailer claims that it...
L'arte del tatuaggio maori e i tatuaggi Maori tradizionali sono estremamente unici; questi rigorosi tatuaggi Maori tradizionali hanno la loro...
Generic Viagra is an effective medicine for treatment of erectile dysfunction (ED) or male impotence. It is a generic equivalent of Viagra. Both...