Skin cancer is the most common type of cancer in the world. But it can be cured when if it is detected at the early stage by the doctor in Bowral. It is the uncontrolled growth of abnormal skin cells. While healthy cells grow and divide in an orderly way, cancer cells grow and divide in a rapid, haphazard manner. This rapid growth results in tumor that are either benign (noncancerous) or malignant (cancerous).
Changes In The Skin Related To Sun Exposure:
- Benign tumors
- Precancerous and cancerous skin lesions caused by loss of the skin's immune function
- Discolored areas of the skin, called mottled pigmentation
- Fine and coarse wrinkles
- Sallowness: a yellow discoloration of the skin
- Elastosis: the destruction of the elastic tissue causing lines and wrinkles
- Telangiectasias: the dilation of small blood vessels under the skin
Types Of Skin Cancer
There are three main types of skin cancer namely
- Squamous cell carcinoma
- Basal cell carcinoma
What Causes Skin Cancer?
The main cause of skin cancer Bowral is the ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the sun. The UV light from tanning beds is just as harmful as the UV rays from the sun. You can experience the same risk when exposed to the sunlight during both the summer and the winter.
With more exposure to sun causes mainly squamous cell and basal cell skin cancer. On the other hand, episodes of severe blistering sunburns, usually before age 18, can cause melanoma later in life. Some of the other less common causes for skin cancer include scars from burns or disease, repeated X-ray exposure, and occupational exposure to certain chemicals.
What Are The Signs And Symptoms Of Skin Cancer?
In general, the main warning sign of skin cancer is a change on your skin. It may the occurrence of a new mole or a change in an existing mole or skin lesion.
- Melanoma: It appears as a pigmented bump or patch and resembles a normal mole, but usually has a more irregular appearance.
- Squamous cell carcinoma: It can appear as a rough, scaly flat lesion or as a firm, red nodule that may causes bleeding, itching, and sometime it can become crusty too.
- Basal cell carcinoma: It may appear as a small, pearly, smooth, or waxy bump on the face ears and neck; or as a flat, pink/red- or brown-colored lesion on the trunk or arms and legs. Both the basal cell and squamous cell cancers mainly occur on areas of the skin frequently exposed to the sun, but can occur anywhere.
You can get the help of a Bowral doctors to know whether you are affected by skin cancer or not.
The author of this article is an experienced doctor in Bowral. In this article, he has mentioned a few things about the skin cancer. Visit https://www.drono.com.au
Most Recent Articles
- Apr 3, 2020 Joint Replacement Device Market Key Insights, Profiling Companies and Growth Strategies by Pooja
- Apr 2, 2020 How to support your partner after birth? by William Davis
- Apr 1, 2020 Root Canal Treatment - What should you know about it? by Frank Meshkani
- Apr 1, 2020 Powerful Benefits of Professional Pregnancy Massage by Michael Devine
- Mar 23, 2020 Know the Common Occupational Hazards in Film Industry by Johonniuss Chemweno
Most Viewed Articles
- 1453 hits Generic Viagra Proving To Be an Effective Solution to Cure Erectile Dysfunction by Guest
- 749 hits Get High Potential Stamina On Bed help of Viagra by Guest
- 719 hits The relationship between erectile dysfunction severity, mean platelet volume and vitamin D levels by John Moses
- 484 hits Military Women, Health Care Access, Fake News: Undergraduates’ Career Plans by Smithsson
- 474 hits Homoeopathy for bad breath by Olivia Sorbet
In today’s competitive world, one must be knowledgeable about the latest online business that works effectively through seo services....
Are you caught in between seo companies introduced by a friend, researched by you, or advertised by a particular site? If that is the...
Walmart is being sued by a customer alleging racial discrimination. The customer who has filed a lawsuit against the retailer claims that it...
L'arte del tatuaggio maori e i tatuaggi Maori tradizionali sono estremamente unici; questi rigorosi tatuaggi Maori tradizionali hanno la loro...
Generic Viagra is an effective medicine for treatment of erectile dysfunction (ED) or male impotence. It is a generic equivalent of Viagra. Both...