Although dry socket is rare and occurs only in a few teeth extractions, it can be treated. Every year, millions of Australians remove their wisdom teeth with minimal swelling and discomfort. Only a few people experienced dry socket about in 2-5% of wisdom teeth extractions. Educating yourself about the dry socket will help you prevent getting them.
What is a dry socket?
Once a wisdom tooth is extracted, a blood clot forms so that it helps in healing and new bone formation. If the blood clot is dislodged, the bones and nerves would be exposed and this when a painful dry socket occurs. Basically, the blood clot is formed for two major reasons such as it stops the bleeding after the Wisdom teeth removal Melbourne, and over time, it aids in healing as well. If the blood clot is dislodged, it delays the healing process and eventually leads to a painful socket. When compared to the extraction of upper teeth, lower teeth tend to get dry socket. Dry socket can be avoided if you follow the post-operative care instructions given by the dentist carefully.
- Throbbing pain after a couple of hours after a tooth extraction
- Partial or completely dislodged blood clot on the surgical site
- Bad breath
- An unpleasant taste from your mouth
- Pain that radiates from your jaw to ear on the same side
Factors that increase the risk of developing dry socket
You should not smoke before and after cheap wisdom teeth removal Melbourne as the inhaling and exhaling action could dislodge the blood clot.
Poor oral hygiene
If you fail to follow the post-operative care instructions and practice poor oral hygiene, you are more likely to develop dry socket.
Infection in and around the surgical site also increase the risk of developing dry socket.
How to avoid?
- Seek an experienced dentist for removing your wisdom teeth Try to stop smoking before and after the extraction of wisdom teeth removal
- Talk to your dentist about the medications that you are taking because they may interfere with blood clotting
- Eat only soft foods on the day of the surgery. Do not take hot and cold liquids.
- Avoid chewing on the extraction side of your mouth
- Avoid using straw because the sucking motion may dislodge the blood clot
The Wisdom teeth removal cost in Melbourne is affordable, and you need to follow these tips to avoid getting a dry socket.
The author is a dentist and a blogger who provides affordable wisdom teeth removal in Melbourne. Visit https://www.wisdomdentalemergency.com.au/ for more details.
Most Recent Articles
- May 14, 2021 Helpful Tips to Recover From Sport Injuries by Robert Lahood
- May 14, 2021 Tadarise 20 (Tadalafil) – Treat to erectile dysfunction by welloxpharmacy
- May 14, 2021 Aftercare Procedures for Dental Implant Treatment by Paulo Pinho
- May 13, 2021 Everything You Need To Know About Tooth Extraction by Joshua Su
- May 12, 2021 Modafinil & Armodafinil Tablets [$25 OFF] by Jonny Watson
Most Viewed Articles
- 1748 hits Generic Viagra Proving To Be an Effective Solution to Cure Erectile Dysfunction by Guest
- 992 hits The relationship between erectile dysfunction severity, mean platelet volume and vitamin D levels by John Moses
- 977 hits Get High Potential Stamina On Bed help of Viagra by Guest
- 801 hits Caverta 100mg Helps You to Overcome Penile Weakness by paul gonzales
- 797 hits Homoeopathy for bad breath by Olivia Sorbet
In today’s competitive world, one must be knowledgeable about the latest online business that works effectively through seo services....
Are you caught in between seo companies introduced by a friend, researched by you, or advertised by a particular site? If that is the...
Facebook, the best and most used social app in the world, has all the social features you need. However, one feature is missing. You cannot chat...
Walmart is being sued by a customer alleging racial discrimination. The customer who has filed a lawsuit against the retailer claims that it...
Cash App cannot send money directly from PayPal to the Cash app, but you can use your bank account to transfer funds between them. After this there...