With summer approaching, many of us would be looking forward to spending a lot of time outdoors soaking up the sunshine. However, only a small dose of sun is good for our health it is vital to be aware of the problems that can come along with greater Sun exposure. It also includes an increased risk of developing skin cancer. According to research, among the newly diagnosed cancer, skin cancer accounts for around 80%. The majority of skin cancer is resulted by exposure to the sun. Also, according to the Cancer Council, Australia has one of the world's highest rates of skin cancer.
In this article, we shall look at the disease and the benefits of getting your skin checked on a regular basis at the Bowral medical centre.
What is Skin Cancer?
Skin cancer is nothing but the uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells in our skin. When our skin is exposed to UVA and UVB radiations from the sun, it results in DNA damage to the skin. There are three main types of skin cancer:
• Basal cell carcinoma
• Squamous cell carcinoma
What are the Symptoms of Skin Cancer to look for?
Not all skin cancers show the same signs. There are a few common symptoms or signs to look out for.
• Sore that doesn’t heal
• A spot different from other spots on the skin
• A painful mole
• Mole or spot which has changed in shape or colour
What is Skin Cancer Screening?
Skin check or skin cancer screening is a visual exam performed on the skin by Bowral doctors. Screening includes a check for birthmarks, moles, or other marks that are unusual in shape, texture, size, or colour. Some unusual marks might be symptoms of skin cancer. Skin cancer screening is done to identify cancer in an earlier stage. Skin cancer can be treated if found early at Bowral medical centre.
What do the results of Skin Check mean?
If a mark or mole on your skin looks like it might be a sign of cancer, dentists at Bowral street medical practice will perform a skin biopsy. Skin biopsy is a procedure for screening cancer, where a small sample of the skin will be removed and tested. If you are positive for skin cancer, you should begin treatment. Identifying and treating skin cancer at an early stage can prevent it from spreading.
Become familiar with your skin and undertake regular skin checks and discuss your concerns with the dentist for a better living.
The author is a blogger. With a team of Bowral doctors who has extensive medical experience and the passion for providing patients the best medical care, he offers a comprehensive range of healthcare services. Visit https://www.wsgp.com.au for details.
Most Recent Articles
- Oct 21, 2021 The BBB infiltrating drugs market is projected to develop at an annualized pace of ~154%, till 2030 by Michael Doe
- Oct 21, 2021 The bispecific neutralizer therapeutics market is projected by Michael Doe
- Oct 20, 2021 Malegra 200 – Exclusive Offer [25% off] Available On Welloxpharma by welloxpharmacy
- Oct 19, 2021 Grow your business using Artificial Intelligence Medical Billing by Plutus Health Inc.
- Oct 19, 2021 The subcutaneous biologic drugs and affiliated technologies market by Steffan Joe
Most Viewed Articles
- 1874 hits Generic Viagra Proving To Be an Effective Solution to Cure Erectile Dysfunction by Guest
- 1089 hits The relationship between erectile dysfunction severity, mean platelet volume and vitamin D levels by John Moses
- 1083 hits Get High Potential Stamina On Bed help of Viagra by Guest
- 906 hits Caverta 100mg Helps You to Overcome Penile Weakness by paul gonzales
- 904 hits Homoeopathy for bad breath by Olivia Sorbet
In today’s competitive world, one must be knowledgeable about the latest online business that works effectively through seo services....
Are you caught in between seo companies introduced by a friend, researched by you, or advertised by a particular site? If that is the...
Facebook, the best and most used social app in the world, has all the social features you need. However, one feature is missing. You cannot chat...
Walmart is being sued by a customer alleging racial discrimination. The customer who has filed a lawsuit against the retailer claims that it...
HP Officejet Pro 8600 is the best printer to fulfill the high-volume printing requirements. It supports the top quality printer which can satisfy...