Do you know? Australia has one of the highest rates of skin cancer in the world. Yes, skin cancer is one of Australia’s most common cancers that affect millions of Aussies. Skin Cancer kills over 2,000 Australians each year and at least 2 in 3 Aussies are diagnosed with some of the skin cancer before the age of 70 and the risk higher in men than in women.
Skin cancer is caused by prolonged exposure to harmful ultraviolet radiation from the sun that causes DNA damage to skin cells. If the damage is not repaired, the cells can start to grow uncontrollably and become cancers.
People with pale skin are susceptible to skin cancer. However, the more sun you are exposed to, the higher the risk. Basal Cell Carcinoma, Squamous Cell Carcinoma, and Melanoma are the three major types of skin cancer Bowral. Of all the types, it is the most dangerous and the third most common cancer in Australia.
Symptoms of skin cancer
The sooner the skin cancer is identified and treated by the Bowral doctors, the better are the chances of avoiding surgery and death in worst cases. Speak to the doctor about your level of risk and for advice on early detection.
- A pearly or waxy bump
- Bleeding or sore that doesn’t go away or reoccur
- A mole that changes in colour, size, and bleed
- A painful lesion that itches
- Dark lesion on your fingertips, palms, and tones
- A firm, red nodule
Make an appointment with your GP for Bowral medical imaging if you notice any of these signs or any changes in your skin that worry you. However, not all skin changes are caused by skin cancer there are other factors as well. Your GP will investigate and determine the cause.
Here are a few factors that increase the risk of skin cancer:-
- Episodes of sunburns
- Excessive exposure to UV rays
- A family history of skin cancer
- A weakened immune system
- Prolonged exposure to radiation
Treating skin cancer
Most types of skin cancer are treatable at the early stage by removing the lesion, and it is done by the following ways:-
Cryosurgery: Liquid nitrogen is applied to the growth to freeze it.
Creams: Your doctor may prescribe creams to remove actinic keratosis and superficial basal cell carcinomas.
Excisional surgery: The growth and the surrounding skin are removed, and then the skin is tested for evidence of cancer cells. The doctors will advice on the best treatment option if cancer cells are found.
Cancer that has spread to the lymph nodes and other organs will require more treatments like surgery and chemotherapy.
Speak to your doctor if you notice any changes in your skin and about the treatment option that is best for you.
The author is one of the best Bowral doctors, who work on a holistic approach to improve and maintain patient’s health. Visit https://www.drono.com.au for more details.
Most Recent Articles
- Sep 18, 2020 Buy Codeine to get relief from chronic body pain by Lewis Carroll
- Sep 18, 2020 Buy Xanax to avoid the crippling effects of anxiety in your life by Lewis Carroll
- Sep 18, 2020 Buy Temazepam online to overcome sleep problems by Lewis Carroll
- Sep 18, 2020 Buy Ambien for calm and restful sleep at night by Lewis Carroll
- Sep 18, 2020 Buy Diazepam to manage your anxiety and stress levels effectively by Lewis Carroll
Most Viewed Articles
- 1632 hits Generic Viagra Proving To Be an Effective Solution to Cure Erectile Dysfunction by Guest
- 860 hits Get High Potential Stamina On Bed help of Viagra by Guest
- 827 hits The relationship between erectile dysfunction severity, mean platelet volume and vitamin D levels by John Moses
- 589 hits Military Women, Health Care Access, Fake News: Undergraduates’ Career Plans by Smithsson
- 587 hits Caverta 100mg Helps You to Overcome Penile Weakness by paul gonzales
In today’s competitive world, one must be knowledgeable about the latest online business that works effectively through seo services....
Are you caught in between seo companies introduced by a friend, researched by you, or advertised by a particular site? If that is the...
Walmart is being sued by a customer alleging racial discrimination. The customer who has filed a lawsuit against the retailer claims that it...
L'arte del tatuaggio maori e i tatuaggi Maori tradizionali sono estremamente unici; questi rigorosi tatuaggi Maori tradizionali hanno la loro...
Facebook, the best and most used social app in the world, has all the social features you need. However, one feature is missing. You cannot chat...