Elastic adhesive bandages are extremely popular as one of the most prominent types of athletic tape. These are readily available in the market, and you can find one at the sports wholesale. Physiotherapists have often recommended using these elastic adhesive bandages to ensure faster recovery of the wounds.
What is elastic adhesive bandage?
The elastic adhesive bandages are a type of fabric tape having an adhesive backing. Made of a mix of cotton and elastic, this is usually coated with a latex-based adhesive or acrylic. Elastic bandages can be easily stretched and wrapped around the hands for better coverage. The stretch of these bands, however, will vary significantly depending on the brand. The more expensive Athletic Tapes tend to have more stretch, but there may be exceptions in certain cases.
Why is it used?
It is clear from the name that these adhesive bandages are used as bandages but mostly for medical usage. The bandage is mostly used for treating soft tissue injuries. The applied bandage offers compression and support, thereby ensuring the proper flow of blood. This also contributes a lot towards reducing swelling and treats the affected area.
Being an adhesive tape it directly joins that of the skin. Therefore, this is not like any traditional bandage, so you won't need any external pin or tape to keep the bandage stuck on your skin. Also, it is necessary that it offers maximum support to the vulnerable areas. As a result, they can be easily used as a utility tape in rugby to ensure proper strapping.
How should you apply these elastic adhesive bandages?
The elastic adhesive bandages are easily available for sports wholesale. As a result, you can check any store to find the best one. Applying Elastic Adhesive Bandage aren't tough. They can be easily applied. The steps to be followed include the following
● Get the skin ready
Before applying the adhesive tape in your skin, you need to ensure that you have cleaned and dried your skin. As a thoroughly wash it and dry it. Nonetheless, it would help if you stayed away from using different moisturizers and creams. These tapes, being heavy, are better than the lighter tapes. Many people also use foam under wrap to apply these.
● Use the right size
The adhesive tapes are available in different sizes, ranging from 2.5-7cm. You can split these adhesive tapes. Therefore, it is necessary that you choose the right size, depending on the size of your hands and fingers. If you are to apply these around your wrist, you should be choosing a 5cm tape.
● Apply safely
Since it is a compression bandage, you need to ensure that you are careful enough with the tightness. Also, you can stretch it effectively so that compression can be appropriate.
Most Recent Articles
- May 11, 2020 What to expect during Routine Dental Checkup? by Joshua Su
- May 4, 2020 How Can Medical Detoxification Help You? by Morgan Ortiz
- Apr 30, 2020 Epilepsy Monitoring Devices Market Set for Rapid Growth and Trend, by 2027 by Pooja
- Apr 30, 2020 Varicose Vein Treatment Market to Witness Widespread Expansion by 2027 by Pooja
- Apr 30, 2020 Virus Filtration Market Outlook, Trend, Growth and Share Estimation Analysis by Pooja
Most Viewed Articles
- 1510 hits Generic Viagra Proving To Be an Effective Solution to Cure Erectile Dysfunction by Guest
- 788 hits Get High Potential Stamina On Bed help of Viagra by Guest
- 756 hits The relationship between erectile dysfunction severity, mean platelet volume and vitamin D levels by John Moses
- 524 hits Military Women, Health Care Access, Fake News: Undergraduates’ Career Plans by Smithsson
- 511 hits Homoeopathy for bad breath by Olivia Sorbet
In today’s competitive world, one must be knowledgeable about the latest online business that works effectively through seo services....
Are you caught in between seo companies introduced by a friend, researched by you, or advertised by a particular site? If that is the...
Walmart is being sued by a customer alleging racial discrimination. The customer who has filed a lawsuit against the retailer claims that it...
L'arte del tatuaggio maori e i tatuaggi Maori tradizionali sono estremamente unici; questi rigorosi tatuaggi Maori tradizionali hanno la loro...
Generic Viagra is an effective medicine for treatment of erectile dysfunction (ED) or male impotence. It is a generic equivalent of Viagra. Both...