Pregnancy and childbirth can be an exciting and joyous time. However, some women may struggle with their mental health as they transit into motherhood. No matter how much you love your baby, considering the additional responsibilities, lack of time for yourself, and sleep depreciation, it’s no surprise that many new mums find themselves emotionally unstable. In fact, mood swings and mild depression are common in new mums that it has its name ‘the baby blues’.
Baby Blues or Postpartum Depression: When should you seek the help of Bowral doctors?
Many new mums experience at least some symptoms of baby blues right after giving birth to their child. It is caused as a result of hormonal fluctuations combined with isolation, sleep deprivation, fatigue and stress. You might feel emotionally fragile, overwhelmed and tearful. Generally, new mums would start to experience these symptoms within a couple of days after delivery.
However, the symptoms generally do not last for more than a few weeks, and this condition is not considered a mental disorder. But, if the person continues to experience the depression and mood swings for more than three weeks after childbirth, the problem may be serious. It could be postpartum depression rather than baby blues. Postpartum depression is a mental condition that needs medical attention.
Signs and symptoms of Postpartum Depression:
Did you know, according to a CDC research, 1 in 5 women experiences postpartum depression?
Postpartum depression unlike the baby blues is a serious problem that should not be ignored. In the beginning, postpartum depression may look like baby blues. In fact, they share the same symptoms like crying gags, mood swings, insomnia, irritability and sadness. The difference is that, the symptoms of postpartum depression are more severe and last longer.
Here are some symptoms of postpartum depression:
- Being unable to bond with the newborn.
- Feelings of guilt and worthlessness and even wish you were not alive.
- Sleeplessness even when your baby is eating and sleeping properly.
These are some red flags for postpartum depression. If you find yourself experiencing any of these signs and symptoms, visit Bowral medical centre for treatment.
Treating Postpartum Depression:
If you think you have postpartum depression, one of the most important things you can do is seeking the help of Bowral doctors, who will suggest the best treatment for you out of the multiple options.
- Taking anti-depression Medication.
- Attending Counseling sessions can help.
- Taking time for self-care like eating well, getting time to sleep, talking with friends and family.
- Establishing a support system: Spending some time with other mums and bubs can help! Doctors suggest new mums and bubs in Bowral to join Mothers Group where they can talk to other new parents who are going through or who had gone through your situation earlier. We understand, during this pandemic, you cannot go out and meet other parents. But you can take part in virtual Mothers Groups.
The author is a doctor. With a team of dedicated doctors, to help mums with newborns & expectant mums find an instant support network with other local mums and bubs in Bowral , facilitates virtual Mothers Group meet-ups. Visit https://www.wsgp.com.au for details.
Most Recent Articles
- Jul 9, 2021 The antibody contract manufacturing market is projected to reach USD 17 billion by 2030 by Mason Joe
- Jul 9, 2021 Fetal and Neonatal Care Equipment Market Diagnosis, Treatments and Global Key Players 2027 by Diksha Pote
- Jul 9, 2021 Microbiome Sequencing Services Market by Key Types, Detail Analysis and Forecasts To 2027 by Diksha Pote
- Jul 9, 2021 Small Animal Imaging Market Revenue, Shares, Demand, Trend, Analysis and Forecasts To 2027 by Diksha Pote
- Jul 9, 2021 Multiplex Assays Market Forecast Indicators Trending Lucrative Growth Till 2027 by Diksha Pote
Most Viewed Articles
- 1794 hits Generic Viagra Proving To Be an Effective Solution to Cure Erectile Dysfunction by Guest
- 1032 hits The relationship between erectile dysfunction severity, mean platelet volume and vitamin D levels by John Moses
- 1021 hits Get High Potential Stamina On Bed help of Viagra by Guest
- 841 hits Homoeopathy for bad breath by Olivia Sorbet
- 840 hits Caverta 100mg Helps You to Overcome Penile Weakness by paul gonzales
In today’s competitive world, one must be knowledgeable about the latest online business that works effectively through seo services....
Are you caught in between seo companies introduced by a friend, researched by you, or advertised by a particular site? If that is the...
Facebook, the best and most used social app in the world, has all the social features you need. However, one feature is missing. You cannot chat...
Walmart is being sued by a customer alleging racial discrimination. The customer who has filed a lawsuit against the retailer claims that it...
Cash App cannot send money directly from PayPal to the Cash app, but you can use your bank account to transfer funds between them. After this there...