The burden of depression is on the rise worldwide. Depression, unlike other usual mood fluctuations, it is an emotional response that challenges everyday life. Especially when it last longer and with severe to moderate intensity, depression may become a serious mental condition to worry about.
Depression usually results from a complex interaction of psychological, social, and biological factors. People who have gone through undesirable life events are more likely to become depressed. Depression can, in turn, lead to dysfunction and more stress. It can cause the patient to suffer greatly and also hinder his or her daily life. At its worst, depression can also lead to suicidal thought. In fact, depression is found to be the second leading cause for suicides in 15-29-year-olds.
Although there are known, successful treatments options like psychological treatments such as cognitive behavioural therapy, behavioural activation and antidepressant medication for depression, not everyone is found to see improvement with symptoms. For those people, TMS therapy is the best choice.
When is transcranial magnetic stimulation used?
Psychotherapy and antidepressant medications are the first lines of treatments for depression. These treatments, as discussed above, do not work for all individuals. In such instances, transcranial magnetic stimulation might be used as an optional treatment.
TMS Australia has been proven to make changes in neuron activity in the regions of the brain that is responsible for mood regulation. As each magnetic pulse pass through the skull and into the patient’s brain, it induces the brief activity of brain cells. The frequency of pulse delivered also influence whether brain activity is decreased or increased.
How long does a TMS procedure last?
Transcranial magnetic stimulation therapy involves a series of treatment sessions. The sessions vary in length depending on the transcranial magnetic coil used, and the number of pulses delivered but normally last around 30 to 40 minutes. Patients receive Transcranial magnetic stimulation five days a week. Some patients might find it difficult to attend five or more sessions a week. However, as long as they attend a minimum of three sessions that’s perfectly ok, the therapy can still work. This can vary depending on how an individual responds to the procedure.
How does Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation depression work?
Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation is a non-invasive, localised treatment. The device used here delivers localised, rapidly pulsating magnetic fields that activate nerve cells in the brain. During the entire procedure, patients remain awake.
Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation Pros:
- Does not require anaesthesia, well-tolerated and non-invasive
- Done in an outpatient setting, and the individual can continue with his or her normal daily routines.
The author is an avid blogger. With a highly dedicated and experienced team, he delivers specialised transcranial magnetic stimulation to all his patients. If you are looking for TMS therapy, visit http://sydneytms.com.au/.
Most Recent Articles
- May 13, 2021 Everything You Need To Know About Tooth Extraction by Joshua Su
- May 12, 2021 Modafinil & Armodafinil Tablets [$25 OFF] by Jonny Watson
- May 12, 2021 Buy Modafinil & Armodafinil Tablets [$25 OFF] - Uses, Side Effects, Dosage by Jonny Watson
- May 12, 2021 5 EXCELLENT FACTORS TO USE INSOLES IN MY SHOES by Karl Orthotics
- May 12, 2021 Best Insoles for Plantar Fasciitis by Karl Orthotics
Most Viewed Articles
- 1748 hits Generic Viagra Proving To Be an Effective Solution to Cure Erectile Dysfunction by Guest
- 992 hits The relationship between erectile dysfunction severity, mean platelet volume and vitamin D levels by John Moses
- 977 hits Get High Potential Stamina On Bed help of Viagra by Guest
- 801 hits Caverta 100mg Helps You to Overcome Penile Weakness by paul gonzales
- 796 hits Homoeopathy for bad breath by Olivia Sorbet
In today’s competitive world, one must be knowledgeable about the latest online business that works effectively through seo services....
Are you caught in between seo companies introduced by a friend, researched by you, or advertised by a particular site? If that is the...
Facebook, the best and most used social app in the world, has all the social features you need. However, one feature is missing. You cannot chat...
Walmart is being sued by a customer alleging racial discrimination. The customer who has filed a lawsuit against the retailer claims that it...
Cash App cannot send money directly from PayPal to the Cash app, but you can use your bank account to transfer funds between them. After this there...