Obstructive sleep apnea is a sleep disorder where a person stops breathing periodically due to collapsing soft tissue in the airway throughout the night. These stops in breathing usually last for around ten seconds and are often followed by snorts, gasps, or choking sounds as a person's body fights to resume breathing again. The obstructive sleep apnea has been linked to a risk for daytime sleepiness and a lower quality of life.
Side effects of obstructive sleep apnea include
- High blood pressure
- Heart arrhythmias
- Heart disease
- Heart attack
- Increased risk of diabetes
Oral Appliance Therapy
If you are suffering from obstructive sleep apnea, you can consult with the sleep disorder specialist in Mesa who offers oral application therapy. The therapy involves the use of specially designed oral appliance worn during sleep that can maintain an open, unobstructed airway in the throat. Always it is recommended to use the custom-made oral appliances since it is proven to be the most effective one compared to the over-the-counter devices.
The sleep apnea specialist with training in the oral appliance therapy has the knowledge of choosing the right design of the appliance that suite your specific needs. A board-certified sleep medicine physician will provide a diagnosis and recommend the most effective treatment approach for your case. Then a dental sleep medicine specialist may provide the treatment and follow-up.
Benefits of Oral Appliance Therapy
- The oral appliances are easy to wear and comfortable. Often, the patients find that it only takes a couple of weeks to become acclimated to wearing the oral appliance.
- As the oral appliances are small and convenient, you can carry it even during traveling
- Treatment with oral appliances is reversible and non-invasive
- Patients often complain of dry, itchy noses from the air pressure drying out their sinuses. Oral appliances do not have this problem.
- There is less equipment to become entangled with during sleep or knock off during slumber, for patients who are active movers during sleep.
Who is the good candidate for Oral Appliance Therapy?
- Patients with mild to moderate sleep apnea
- Patients with primary snoring
- Patients who have tried and failed at CPAP therapy may qualify
- Patients who were unsuccessful with or refused surgeries such as tonsillectomy, adenoidectomy, craniofacial operations, or tracheostomy.
If you're concerned you have sleep apnea you should contact your Sleep Specialist Doctors Apache Junction to schedule a consultation with one of the sleep disorder doctors or talk with your primary care physician about your sleep troubles.
The author of this article is an experienced sleep apnea specialist who offers excellent treatment for his patients. In this article, he has mentioned the few benefits of oral appliance therapy. Visit https://oralsleepaz.com/
Most Recent Articles
- Oct 22, 2021 Omega-3 Market Share | Global Industry Outlook and Statistics, Segmentation and Forecast 2026 by rubymartinez
- Oct 22, 2021 Modalert “A Refreshing Pill” that can reduce your Weakness & Tiredness All Day! by aliza
- Oct 21, 2021 Malignancy biomarkers market for TMB, MSI/MMR and TILs by Michael Doe
- Oct 20, 2021 The prefilled syringe fill and finish services market by Mason Joe
- Oct 19, 2021 The synthetic lethality-based drugs and targets market by Steffan Joe
Most Viewed Articles
- 1347 hits Is It Legal To Purchase Tapentadol 100mg Online? by Generic Wellness
- 931 hits Sildenafil Citrate : Know the Benefits of This Medicine by kate gomez
- 882 hits Generic Tapentadol is the best pain killer by Generic Wellness
- 795 hits Super P Force: A Quick Fix For ED and PE by Kevin
- 760 hits 3 points which will help you to get mutual of Omaha health insurance by Mariana J Gross
In today’s competitive world, one must be knowledgeable about the latest online business that works effectively through seo services....
Are you caught in between seo companies introduced by a friend, researched by you, or advertised by a particular site? If that is the...
Facebook, the best and most used social app in the world, has all the social features you need. However, one feature is missing. You cannot chat...
Walmart is being sued by a customer alleging racial discrimination. The customer who has filed a lawsuit against the retailer claims that it...
HP Officejet Pro 8600 is the best printer to fulfill the high-volume printing requirements. It supports the top quality printer which can satisfy...