Obesity or overweight increases the risk of developing diseases such as diabetes, heart diseases, cancer etc. Various weight loss supplements are available in the market to treat obesity and overweight. The best weight loss supplements include Garcinia Cambogia Extract, Hydroxycut, Caffeine, and Orlistat. Take these only after asking your doctor.
Nowadays, several people suffer from obesity or overweight. There are various weight loss solutions available. The work by one of three mechanisms, which include reducing appetite, reducing the absorption of nutrients such as fats, which help you to consume fewer calories, and increase fat burning.
Some of the best weight loss supplements used for treating obesity and overweight include
• Garcinia Cambogia Extract
1. Garcinia Cambogia Extract- After Dr. Oz show in 2012, Garcinia Cambogia Extract became very popular. It is a small, green-colored fruit having the shape of a pumpkin. Hydroxycitric acid (HCA) is a constituent present in the skin of this fruit, which is sold as a dietary pill. The studies on animals have shown that this extract inhibits a fat producing enzyme in the body and improves the serotonin levels, which help to reduce cravings. A review consisting of data of 12 studies suggested that a weight loss of about two pounds was observed several weeks on an average. Serious side effects are not observed with this medication. Mild digestive issues can be observed by certain people.
2. Hydroxycut- It is one of the most widely used weight loss supplements all over the world. There are numerous different types. However, the common one is just called ‘Hydroxycut’. It comprises of several components that aid in weight loss. The results of one scientific study showed the weight loss of about 9.5kg in a three months period. If you are sensitive to caffeine, you may experience side effects such as tremors, diarrhea, nausea, anxiety, and irritability.
3. Caffeine- Caffeine is present in dark chocolate, green tea, and coffee. It is also added to various beverages and processed foods. It is regarded as a metabolism booster and is added to commercial weight loss supplements. Short- term studies have indicated that caffeine can increase metabolism by 3 to 11 % and enhance the burning of fats up to 29%. Certain people experience side effects such as anxiety, diarrhea, insomnia, irritability, and jitteriness by consuming a high percentage of caffeine. It is a habit-forming substance and thus can decrease the quality of your sleep.
4. Orlistat- It is a drug that is available as Xenical on prescription and as Alli without prescription. This best weight loss supplement works by inhibiting the absorption of fats from the foods you consume. A review of eleven studies suggested that this medication can increase weight loss by 2.7kg when compared to a dummy pill. The commonly observed side effects of these medications include flatulence, loose and oily stools, and diarrhea, You may also develop a deficiency of certain vitamins like Vitamins A, D, E, and K, which are fat-soluble. In order to reduce side effects, you are required to consume a low-fat diet. This medication can also reduce blood pressure and prevent the onset of type 2 diabetes. It belongs to a class of lipase inhibitors.
Article source: https://article-realm.com/article/Health-and-Fitness/Womens-Issues/3766-Best-weight-loss-supplements-to-treat-obesity-and-overweight.html