Sure, you want to save money. You could do with some extra cash right now. But do you think moving into a smaller house that costs less makes any sense? Well, the truth is that it has its pros and cons. Downsizing may or may not be beneficial to you or save you money. Thankfully, this article will help you decide by considering the pros and cons of downsizing your home. Let's get into the details.
Benefits of downsizing
1) You don't need a mortgage
As you might have figured, smaller homes don't cost as much as bigger homes. If you decide to sell your current house and have good equity, you might have enough to pay for a small house. If you also pay in full, there'll be a reduced closing cost; you won't have to pay a monthly amount for a mortgage payment
2) Reduced monthly costs
You'd save extra because you won't be spending on monthly utility and mortgage costs. Now you can finally save for that vacation or get those concert tickets.
3) More time, less stress
You'd be moving to a smaller space which means you'd be spending less time on overall cleaning. But it would help if you also remembered that since it's a smaller space, you'd have to declutter regularly, which means a daily cleaning of about 20-25 minutes daily.
You'd also not have to worry so much about the little things you used to worry about, such as the cost of utility bills and mortgage payments.
4) You'd be having more fun
You're moving to an entirely new location. You have the opportunity to have a new lifestyle and make new friends, and that's super exciting. You could explore new places and sightsee as well
5) You're helping the ecosystem
When you think about it, a larger home uses more resources, heating and cooling equipment, than a smaller one. This reduces your carbon footprint and contributes to restoring the ecosystem. Money saved from lower utility costs can also help you save for better energy-efficient devices.
Drawbacks of downsizing
1) It's a lot of work
You have to move all your valuables. This takes time and can be stressful when you're doing all the unpacking and packing by yourself. You may also have to find a reliable mover if you think it's necessary. To avoid some stress, you can give some of your stuff out to the less privileged.
2) There are hidden costs
Initially, you'd be paying a lot of money for moving your stuff. Storage and HOA fees are also unavoidable. If you also have to change your furniture due to downsizing, you may have to sell the old ones and still spend on more miniature-sized furniture.
3) You might have to share your space
A smaller home equals less privacy as you have to share your space if you live with a family or another person. This sucks but then again, there's an opportunity for the family to bond.
4) Not enough room for parties and functions
You have to think twice before inviting a lot of people to your home for a party or dinner because face it, there's no room to host them all.
Downsizing can help you save a lot of money over time, but then again, you'd have to spend some money during the move. If you're still thinking about moving, weigh your options and follow the tips above.
Most Recent Articles
- May 26, 2022 Might it sooner or later be really smart for you to Buy A Mitsubishi Aircon or Daikin Aircon? by Aircon
- May 25, 2022 Warning Signs That Your Home's Electrical Wiring Is Dangerously Outdated by Greg Gregoriou
- May 25, 2022 Top 3 Aircon Parts that Require Periodic Care | Aircon service by Aircon
- May 25, 2022 What Does An Aircon Servicing Contract Cover? | Aircon service contract by Aircon
- May 24, 2022 What Is Causing Your Air Conditioner To Smell Bad | Aircon service by Aircon
Most Viewed Articles
- 1022 hits Tips on Redecorating Your Home with Affordable Home Furniture by IVA Experts
- 1009 hits Perfectionism among teens is rampant (and we’re not helping) by nisse lind
- 999 hits Best Selling Home Plan by nisse lind
- 983 hits Home Cleaning Services in Chennai by Rosario Berry
- 907 hits What Makes Metallic Epoxy Flooring A Preferred Choice? by Guest
In today’s competitive world, one must be knowledgeable about the latest online business that works effectively through seo services....
Are you caught in between seo companies introduced by a friend, researched by you, or advertised by a particular site? If that is the...
Facebook, the best and most used social app in the world, has all the social features you need. However, one feature is missing. You cannot chat...
Walmart is being sued by a customer alleging racial discrimination. The customer who has filed a lawsuit against the retailer claims that it...
HP Officejet Pro 8600 is the best printer to fulfill the high-volume printing requirements. It supports the top quality printer which can satisfy...