Have you recently shifted to the new building or house but not satisfied with your new network connectivity? Well! You can use your old router as a repeater to extend the range of your WiFi network. Here are some simple steps you can follow for completing your WiFi Extender Setup using an old router.
Step 1 - Get the WiFi details from your main router.
You need to find out the details of your current WiFi connection. You must have the SSID Name, WIFI password, and the security type. To get this information, connect to the WiFi network, right click on the context menu and choose the properties.
Step 2 - Reset the old router
Once you have collected all the details of the main router, plug in the old adapter and go for the factory reset. Router reset is the best practice you can go for. Once you are done, disconnect the primary wireless router and then connect the secondary router through WiFi connection or ethernet cord. Wait for your PC to get the default IP and then connect it to the router via default browser. On the login page, try to use username and password as ‘admin’.
Step 3 - Configure the router as a repeater
In the router control panel, open wireless settings and go to ‘operation mode’ option. Select this option and change it to the ‘Repeater’. After that, click ‘Search/Survey’ button to get the list of WiFi network available. Click to connect and provide the WiFi password of your primary connection. Save the settings. In case, if you are not asked for the Wireless password, go to Wireless Security page and manually configure the settings. At last, click to reboot. Now, you will see that your secondary router is set as the repeater mode having the same WiFi name.
Step 4 - Placing the Router
Place both primary and secondary router somewhere in the middle of your home or building for better connectivity.
With the help of this WiFi Repeater Setup Wizard, you can set up your router as a repeater. If you have any doubt, you can contact the experts for router support.
Most Recent Articles
- Sep 25, 2020 How Do I Create an AOL Mail Account Easily by search helpline
- Sep 22, 2020 Discuss Easy Steps to Setup a Wireless Repeater by better ressult
- Sep 18, 2020 How Do I Put an AOL Icon on My Desktop by search helpline
- Sep 15, 2020 Broadband Services in Odisha have Become Affordable Now! by Internet Service
- Sep 15, 2020 Broadband in Bhubaneswar Allows You to Enjoy Hassle Free Internet! by Internet Service
Most Viewed Articles
- 950 hits You need a proficient expert to boost your online business by Andy
- 770 hits Get Paid $25 per hour to watch YouTube videos by nisse lind
- 727 hits 7 top-notch secrets to become a professional SEO consultant by Andy
- 719 hits How To Send Money From Paypal To Cash App Account by Lucy Margaret
- 526 hits Find five strategies to ease your digital marketing goals by Andy
In today’s competitive world, one must be knowledgeable about the latest online business that works effectively through seo services....
Are you caught in between seo companies introduced by a friend, researched by you, or advertised by a particular site? If that is the...
Walmart is being sued by a customer alleging racial discrimination. The customer who has filed a lawsuit against the retailer claims that it...
L'arte del tatuaggio maori e i tatuaggi Maori tradizionali sono estremamente unici; questi rigorosi tatuaggi Maori tradizionali hanno la loro...
Facebook, the best and most used social app in the world, has all the social features you need. However, one feature is missing. You cannot chat...