In these uncertain times with the Covid-19 outbreak putting millions of people jobless, it is time to rethink and start your small business the right way.
The first thing that you must do before building a website is check your competition.
Search, Google, browse your competitor, check what is their domain name, look into the products and prices and then create a plan. How can you get better than your competitor?
Now that you have a plan intact, here are the steps that you must do to start a small business.
1. Domain Name: First get your domain name. A domain name is the URL of your website. Your website address which users will either search or type directly on a web page.
You can purchase a domain name from Godaddy.com which will cost around $12.00 a year. You want to make sure that the domain name is available and you should not spend more than $12.00 for the domain.
2. Website Builder: The next thing you want to explore is a website builder. You want to decide whether you want to build a website or go to a professional. There are platforms like squarespace.com, wix.com, godaddy.com, weebly.com where you can pay a minimum monthly fee and build a website yourself. The pros are that you will save money but the cons are your website will not be able to be found on search engines for a very long time or maybe never unless you spend a lot of money on marketing. Yes, this is the sad truth that no one tells you.
3. Website Development Company: You can reach out to a professional website development company who can build something in your budget. The pros to go to a professional is that you will get a website that will rank better in search engines and is scalable. That means you can always build more in the future once you get successful.
4. Shopify or WordPress: are great platforms for a startup business. They both have a lot of design templates that you can select for a professional look. You can build an amazing website for less than $2500.00
5. Shipping: If your website is an ecommerce website then offer free shipping to attract customers
6. In Stock Products: Do not show products that are out of stock that will invite poor user experience.
8. Social Media Integration: Create your Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Tiktok, You Tube page. All these platforms are free and great for marketing. Their link to your website helps with SEO.
9. Email Campaigns: Websites like mailchimp.com offer free email campaign platform for accounts with less than 2000 contacts. Take advantage of this tool and use email campaigns for marketing.
10. Videos: Users prefer more videos than images. Try to add explanatory videos and use Youtube.com to host the videos. Adding a link to your website from YouTube will not affect your website load speed.
11. Google My Business: Google this word and create an account. Google will add your business on search and maps.
12. SEO: Make sure your website is indexed by Search Engines.
13. Less is more: Make sure your website is easy and simple to find products or information. Remember less is more.
About the Author:
Most Recent Articles
- May 10, 2021 3 Things to Know to Kickstart a Career in Web Designing by Harry Sazos
- May 7, 2021 Freelance professional Graphic Designer in Dubai by Cybernetics Solutions
- May 6, 2021 Tips to Improve Your Website Design and To Boost Sales by Warren Groom
- Apr 2, 2021 17 Benefits Of Turning eCommerce Website Into Mobile App by Softpulse Infotech
- Mar 9, 2021 Turn your business idea's into reality using our Unilevel MLM Software by Pinginfotech
Most Viewed Articles
- 747 hits Top 5 Website Development Companies in Nepal by Hari Bashyal
- 618 hits Steps to consider for choosing a reputable Website Design Company in Kolkata by convergent infoware
- 506 hits Attributes of a leading web development company Kolkata by convergent infoware
- 495 hits How to create top class websites for different businesses by convergent infoware
- 459 hits Top 6 features of a leading website design company in Kolkata by convergent infoware
In today’s competitive world, one must be knowledgeable about the latest online business that works effectively through seo services....
Are you caught in between seo companies introduced by a friend, researched by you, or advertised by a particular site? If that is the...
Facebook, the best and most used social app in the world, has all the social features you need. However, one feature is missing. You cannot chat...
Walmart is being sued by a customer alleging racial discrimination. The customer who has filed a lawsuit against the retailer claims that it...
Cash App cannot send money directly from PayPal to the Cash app, but you can use your bank account to transfer funds between them. After this there...