A notary public is a public officer appointed by a state government. The public officer who is seeking appointment as a notary public must complete an online notary classes in California or Secretary of State approved six-hour course to get appointed as a notary public by the state government. The main roles and responsibilities of a notary public is to help prevent fraud by witnessing the signing of documents and verifying their authenticity. On the other hand, every notary public performs some lesser-known duties as well.
In California, to become a notary public, you must complete a notary education course provided by a state-approved educator or a California approved notary classes. The education requirements differ, but typically include three to six hours of classroom or notary online course in California. Here we have mentioned a few eligibility criteria to become a notary public.
Eligibility to Become a Notary Public
You must meet some basic qualifications to become a notary public in any state.
Age: If you are willing to become a notary public, you must be at least 18 years old.
Literacy: You must be able to read and write English.
Citizenship: If you are an American citizen or a lawful alien resident, then you can become a notary public.
Voter Registration: It depends. In some states, it is mandatory that you should be a registered voter in the county or state in which you want to obtain your notary license after completing the California approved notary classes.
Residency: In some states, you need to live in the state in which you want to become a licensed notary, while some allow you to also be a resident of a bordering state. On the other hand, some others states the only requirement will be that you need to work in the particular state.
Revocations: If you have been a notary previously and had your license cancelled, then you can’t be a notary public again.
Criminal History: In some states, you can’t become a notary if you’ve been convicted of any crime, while in others, you must not have been convicted of a felony. In yet other states, you must not have been convicted of any crime or any felony involving dishonesty, fraud, or deceit.
The author of this article has been providing California approved notary classes for more than two years. In this article, he has mentioned the eligibility criteria to become a notary public. Visit https://www.notary-courses.com
Most Recent Articles
- Apr 2, 2020 15 Major Points Have to Know Before Taking Admission in Xi'an Jiaotong University China by Jagvimal
- Mar 24, 2020 Possible Places Where Term Paper Solutions May Be Found by Sophia Abraham
- Feb 24, 2020 How Preschools Develop Social Skills for Your Children by Penenlope Swinney
- Feb 19, 2020 What is Sensory Play and Why is it Important for Your Kids? by Penenlope Swinney
- Feb 18, 2020 The Impact of Increased Screen Time on Children by Penenlope Swinney
Most Viewed Articles
- 389 hits Is It Difficult to Learn TESOL Certification Online? by Stephanie Thompson
- 340 hits Best coaching centre in Coimbatore for TET, TANCET and MAT exam by Deekshana Deekshi
- 334 hits Become a Certified Lifeguard Trainer with Lifeguard Certification Classes by Georgia Lifeguard
- 232 hits Sessions to shoot up your Confidence by landmarkforumnews
- 226 hits Are You Nervous about Sending your Child to Childcare? Here are Some Things that can help by John Sarkis
In today’s competitive world, one must be knowledgeable about the latest online business that works effectively through seo services....
Are you caught in between seo companies introduced by a friend, researched by you, or advertised by a particular site? If that is the...
Walmart is being sued by a customer alleging racial discrimination. The customer who has filed a lawsuit against the retailer claims that it...
L'arte del tatuaggio maori e i tatuaggi Maori tradizionali sono estremamente unici; questi rigorosi tatuaggi Maori tradizionali hanno la loro...
Generic Viagra is an effective medicine for treatment of erectile dysfunction (ED) or male impotence. It is a generic equivalent of Viagra. Both...