Four science-backed strategies to stop a vicious cycle of self-defeating thoughts
Rumination is associated with a number of mental health issues.
The phrase “chew the cud” means to further chew partly digested food — but many of us use it to mean something rather more abstract. The scientific word for this is rumination: A process of breaking big things into smaller parts that can then be dealt with or used. It’s apt that we use the same word for the human tendency to feast and dwell on our troubles.
While researchers are still working out exactly what rumination involves, it is generally used to mean excessive, repetitive thinking about personal problems. It often results in emotional distress and it is associated with many mental health issues — especially depression.
Original Article Link to read more
Most Recent Articles
- Jun 17, 2022 Does Your Company’s Culture Reinforce Its Strategy and Purpose? by Luke Moore
- Jun 17, 2022 Does Lip Balm Actually Chap Your Lips? by Luke Moore
- Jun 17, 2022 Life Hacks to Help Anyone With ADHD—Including Those Who Don’t Have a Diagnosis by Alexander Martin
- Jun 10, 2022 Want to Remember More of What You Read? Do These 4 Things, According to a Linguistics Professor by Mason Walker
- May 29, 2022 Vehicle Tracking System Qatar | CCTV Security Surveillance System Qatar by mary ross
Most Viewed Articles
- 767 hits How to Answer Tricky Questions in Interviews? by Mohammad Azad
- 764 hits Perfectionism ≠ Self-improvement by nisse lind
- 709 hits Five Things You Can Buy for a Dollar To Experience Happiness by Guest
- 642 hits RR com login mail (Toll Free) 866-302-4260 by maria
- 490 hits Cash App Customer Support - Cash App Routing Number by camila smith
In today’s competitive world, one must be knowledgeable about the latest online business that works effectively through seo services....
Are you caught in between seo companies introduced by a friend, researched by you, or advertised by a particular site? If that is the...
Facebook, the best and most used social app in the world, has all the social features you need. However, one feature is missing. You cannot chat...
Walmart is being sued by a customer alleging racial discrimination. The customer who has filed a lawsuit against the retailer claims that it...
HP Officejet Pro 8600 is the best printer to fulfill the high-volume printing requirements. It supports the top quality printer which can satisfy...