Walmart is being sued by a customer alleging racial discrimination. The customer who has filed a lawsuit against the retailer claims that it is segregating products by the race of the people who use them, CBS Los Angeles reported. Essie Grundy was shopping for a comb in her local store when she found it was locked in a cabinet. "That's when I noticed that all of the African-American products were locked up under lock and key," Grundy told reporters at a news conference on Friday, according to CBS. Walmart said in a statement that it does "not tolerate discrimination of any kind." "We're sensitive to this situation and also understand, like other retailers, that some products such as electronics, automotive, cosmetics and other personal care products are subject to additional security. Those determinations are made on a store-by-store basis using data supporting the need for the heightened measures," a Walmart spokesperson said. Other customers have posted videos online, claiming that the store is inconveniencing African-American customers while leaving other products out in the open: Certain products are locked in cabinets and can only be accessed by employees at the store: One customer has publicly called for customers to boycott the store on Facebook. Others have come to Walmart's defence, claiming that it only locks up products that are frequently stolen. A store manager confirmed this and said that these products are kept under lock and key due to "high theft issues," and it is not a racist act by the company. Walmart said: "We do not tolerate discrimination of any kind at Walmart. We serve more than 140 million customers weekly, crossing all demographics, and are focused on meeting their needs while providing the best shopping experience at each store. We’re sensitive to this situation and also understand, like other retailers, that some products such as electronics, automotive, cosmetics and other personal care products are subject to additional security. Those determinations are made on a store-by-store basis using data supporting the need for the heightened measures. While we’ve yet to review a complaint, we take this situation seriously and look forward to addressing it with the court." Read more: • May tackles new Brexit Rebellion• Philip Hammond and Mark Carney are in China to secure £1 billion of trade deals• Facebook admits that social media can be bad for you Read the original article on Business Insider UK. © 2018. Follow Business Insider UK on Twitter.
Most Recent Articles
- Jun 13, 2019 How to Choose Flowers for Every Celebration – Big and Small by Judy Ashwell
- Jun 12, 2019 Ordering Flowers Online? Remember these 5 Tips Before You Do by Felip Ngo
- Jun 12, 2019 Get A Stylish Look With Proper Motorcycle Vest And Helmet by Dickens Ben
- Jun 11, 2019 Why Are LED Light Fixtures Better Than Other Types? by Danny Joukhadar
- Jun 11, 2019 Designer Oneplus 7 Back Cover: Attractive, Protective and Affordable by Yamini Rawal
Most Viewed Articles
- 303 hits Custom Ps4 Skins can Add that Personal Touch for the Gaming Console! by Cohn Gomez
- 286 hits Marvel Coffee Mugs Allow You to Have Coffee in Style! by Cohn Gomez
- 270 hits Meet Your Cooking Related Needs in an Effortless Manner While Using These Cooking Accessories! by Steve Mize
- 224 hits Gorilla Unicorn Bottle is Equipped with Unique and Amazing Features! by Rayan Baak
- 216 hits Duvet Cover Sets can be the Best Addition for Your Bed! by Cohn Gomez
In today’s competitive world, one must be knowledgeable about the latest online business that works effectively through seo services....
Are you caught in between seo companies introduced by a friend, researched by you, or advertised by a particular site? If that is the...
Walmart is being sued by a customer alleging racial discrimination. The customer who has filed a lawsuit against the retailer claims that it...
L'arte del tatuaggio maori e i tatuaggi Maori tradizionali sono estremamente unici; questi rigorosi tatuaggi Maori tradizionali hanno la loro...
ArticleCreator is the best article generator tool to generate SEO friendly unique articles from your keyword.