Walmart is being sued by a customer alleging racial discrimination. The customer who has filed a lawsuit against the retailer claims that it is segregating products by the race of the people who use them, CBS Los Angeles reported. Essie Grundy was shopping for a comb in her local store when she found it was locked in a cabinet. "That's when I noticed that all of the African-American products were locked up under lock and key," Grundy told reporters at a news conference on Friday, according to CBS. Walmart said in a statement that it does "not tolerate discrimination of any kind." "We're sensitive to this situation and also understand, like other retailers, that some products such as electronics, automotive, cosmetics and other personal care products are subject to additional security. Those determinations are made on a store-by-store basis using data supporting the need for the heightened measures," a Walmart spokesperson said. Other customers have posted videos online, claiming that the store is inconveniencing African-American customers while leaving other products out in the open: Certain products are locked in cabinets and can only be accessed by employees at the store: One customer has publicly called for customers to boycott the store on Facebook. Others have come to Walmart's defence, claiming that it only locks up products that are frequently stolen. A store manager confirmed this and said that these products are kept under lock and key due to "high theft issues," and it is not a racist act by the company. Walmart said: "We do not tolerate discrimination of any kind at Walmart. We serve more than 140 million customers weekly, crossing all demographics, and are focused on meeting their needs while providing the best shopping experience at each store. We’re sensitive to this situation and also understand, like other retailers, that some products such as electronics, automotive, cosmetics and other personal care products are subject to additional security. Those determinations are made on a store-by-store basis using data supporting the need for the heightened measures. While we’ve yet to review a complaint, we take this situation seriously and look forward to addressing it with the court." Read more: • May tackles new Brexit Rebellion• Philip Hammond and Mark Carney are in China to secure £1 billion of trade deals• Facebook admits that social media can be bad for you Read the original article on Business Insider UK. © 2018. Follow Business Insider UK on Twitter.
Most Recent Articles
- Jan 6, 2020 Surprising Benefits of Banner Marketing by Greer McCallum
- Jan 3, 2020 Here Is the List of Must-Have Party Supplies by Ruby Li
- Jan 3, 2020 Display Your School Spirit with Custom Flags! by Greer McCallum
- Dec 31, 2019 Tips To Prolong the Life of Your Flag by Greer McCallum
- Dec 26, 2019 Choosing the Right In-Ground Flagpole; Flagpole Buying Tips by Greer McCallum
Most Viewed Articles
- 449 hits Custom Ps4 Skins can Add that Personal Touch for the Gaming Console! by Cohn Gomez
- 427 hits Marvel Coffee Mugs Allow You to Have Coffee in Style! by Cohn Gomez
- 365 hits Meet Your Cooking Related Needs in an Effortless Manner While Using These Cooking Accessories! by Steve Mize
- 336 hits High Quality Clear Bottle is the Best and Safest Option to Store and Carry Your Liquid Content! by Rayan Baak
- 334 hits Cheap Fashion Jewellery UK can Enhanced the Overall Value of Your Collection! by Cohn Gomez
In today’s competitive world, one must be knowledgeable about the latest online business that works effectively through seo services....
Are you caught in between seo companies introduced by a friend, researched by you, or advertised by a particular site? If that is the...
Walmart is being sued by a customer alleging racial discrimination. The customer who has filed a lawsuit against the retailer claims that it...
L'arte del tatuaggio maori e i tatuaggi Maori tradizionali sono estremamente unici; questi rigorosi tatuaggi Maori tradizionali hanno la loro...
Generic Viagra is an effective medicine for treatment of erectile dysfunction (ED) or male impotence. It is a generic equivalent of Viagra. Both...