Walmart is being sued by a customer alleging racial discrimination. The customer who has filed a lawsuit against the retailer claims that it is segregating products by the race of the people who use them, CBS Los Angeles reported. Essie Grundy was shopping for a comb in her local store when she found it was locked in a cabinet. "That's when I noticed that all of the African-American products were locked up under lock and key," Grundy told reporters at a news conference on Friday, according to CBS. Walmart said in a statement that it does "not tolerate discrimination of any kind." "We're sensitive to this situation and also understand, like other retailers, that some products such as electronics, automotive, cosmetics and other personal care products are subject to additional security. Those determinations are made on a store-by-store basis using data supporting the need for the heightened measures," a Walmart spokesperson said. Other customers have posted videos online, claiming that the store is inconveniencing African-American customers while leaving other products out in the open: Certain products are locked in cabinets and can only be accessed by employees at the store: One customer has publicly called for customers to boycott the store on Facebook. Others have come to Walmart's defence, claiming that it only locks up products that are frequently stolen. A store manager confirmed this and said that these products are kept under lock and key due to "high theft issues," and it is not a racist act by the company. Walmart said: "We do not tolerate discrimination of any kind at Walmart. We serve more than 140 million customers weekly, crossing all demographics, and are focused on meeting their needs while providing the best shopping experience at each store. We’re sensitive to this situation and also understand, like other retailers, that some products such as electronics, automotive, cosmetics and other personal care products are subject to additional security. Those determinations are made on a store-by-store basis using data supporting the need for the heightened measures. While we’ve yet to review a complaint, we take this situation seriously and look forward to addressing it with the court." Read more: • May tackles new Brexit Rebellion• Philip Hammond and Mark Carney are in China to secure £1 billion of trade deals• Facebook admits that social media can be bad for you Read the original article on Business Insider UK. © 2018. Follow Business Insider UK on Twitter.
Most Recent Articles
- Aug 6, 2019 Food Packing Tips For a Camping Trip by Rory Jayasinhe
- Aug 5, 2019 Why Choose Portable Cooler Bags? by Rory Jayasinhe
- Jul 23, 2019 An Ultimate Guide to Sympathy Flowers by Lori Wheat
- Jul 22, 2019 Motorcycle Apparel Keeps the Bikers Safe and Intact from the Accidents by Ricardo Rios
- Jul 21, 2019 Everything you do not know about Promotional Popsockets by Karim Solanki
Most Viewed Articles
- 357 hits Custom Ps4 Skins can Add that Personal Touch for the Gaming Console! by Cohn Gomez
- 347 hits Marvel Coffee Mugs Allow You to Have Coffee in Style! by Cohn Gomez
- 294 hits Meet Your Cooking Related Needs in an Effortless Manner While Using These Cooking Accessories! by Steve Mize
- 259 hits Gorilla Unicorn Bottle is Equipped with Unique and Amazing Features! by Rayan Baak
- 255 hits Pawning Vs Selling- What Are The Major Differences? by Guest
In today’s competitive world, one must be knowledgeable about the latest online business that works effectively through seo services....
Are you caught in between seo companies introduced by a friend, researched by you, or advertised by a particular site? If that is the...
Walmart is being sued by a customer alleging racial discrimination. The customer who has filed a lawsuit against the retailer claims that it...
L'arte del tatuaggio maori e i tatuaggi Maori tradizionali sono estremamente unici; questi rigorosi tatuaggi Maori tradizionali hanno la loro...
Generic Viagra is an effective medicine for treatment of erectile dysfunction (ED) or male impotence. It is a generic equivalent of Viagra. Both...