If you are planning to visit Darwin anytime sooner, it is important to find out where to go and how to enjoy your time there. Darwin is considered to be a multicultural coastal hub of the Northern Territory. It is considered to be a treasure house of stunning natural wonders that is sure to win your heart while you plan a holiday there. With due course of time, Darwin is slowly evolving as a centre for street art, bars, restaurants, adult clubs and more. While you are at Darwin you can enjoy your time both at amazing cafes and exotic restaurants offering you eclectic cuisines.
While you delve deeper to make your tour exciting, you must not miss the following places -
1. Day trip to Kakadu
Explore Kakadu National Park and find out about Australia's legacy on an entire day visit from Darwin. You'll see the features of the UNESCO World Heritage-recorded park, including the rock art of Ubirr Rock and the view that you can witness from the Nadab lookout. Then take a Guluyambi cultural cruise along the East Alligator River, going with a native guide who stops en route to show you the emotional scenes of Arnhem Land. Incorporates lunch, snacks, guide, transportation, and lodging pickup and drop-off.
2. Enjoy a full-day guided tour at Litchfield National Park
You are sure to enjoy an amazing view of ancient rock forms, monsoon forests and waterfalls. Witness the marvels of the termite pillar, and take a plunge into swimming holes and natural pools at the foot of sparkling waterfalls. You can then enjoy lunch at the Litchfield cafe. You can view the following waterfalls -
- Florence Falls - View the double waterfalls of Florence Falls from a high vantage point before making your way down to take a dip in the plunge pool below.
- Tolmer Falls - Continue to the spectacular Tolmer Falls, home to several colonies of rare ghost and orange horseshoe bats.
- Wangi Falls - Wangi Falls is the most accessible of rock pools and is the perfect place for you to take a final dip today
3. Sunset Cruise Dinner
Board a traditional fishing ketch at Stokes Hill Wharf and set out on your Darwin sunset dinner cruise. Enjoy a 4-course dinner, served at a shaded outdoor table in the intimate setting of this smaller sailing vessel. Cast your gaze over the coastline while your expert crew shares informative commentary as you sail along Darwin's coast. Be sure to keep your camera on hand to capture the tropical colours of a classic Top End sunset.
4. Katherine Day Tour
Nestled in the rocky wilderness of Nitmiluk National Park, Katherine Gorge is one of the Northern Territory's natural treasures. After early morning pickup at your Darwin hotel, travel via comfortable coach approximately 3 hours inland while your knowledgeable guide shares commentary on the passing landscape. Stop to stretch your legs and pay tribute to fallen World War II soldiers at the Adelaide River War Cemetery. Once inside the park, take a refreshing swim in the natural rock pool at the base of Edith Falls (weather conditions permitting). Enjoy a picnic lunch amidst the serene and picturesque surroundings. In the afternoon, embark on a 2-hour cruise down the river that winds between the sheer sandstone cliffs of Katherine Gorge. Learn about the area's geologic history from your guide, and catch a glimpse of ancient Aboriginal rock art on the gorge walls. Keep an eye out for native wildlife including turtles, colourful birds and even crocodiles sunning on the riverbanks!
5. Take a harbour sunset tour
Your cruise will depart from DOCK 3, located at the very end of Stokes Hill Wharf, city side. Crew members will meet you under the large white umbrellas and will commence boarding 20-minutes prior to the cruise departure time. Generally, you will leave Stokes Hill Wharf and travel along the Esplanade cruising along at 4 knots past the Larrakeyah Naval barracks, Cullen Bay and Fannie Bay. Your experienced skipper reserve the right to change the route subject to tidal conditions, guest's safety and comfort. Tidal conditions determine how close to the coast the 'Charles Darwin' can operate. Hear knowledgeable commentary from the crew on Darwin History, Cyclone Tracey and the bombing of Darwin. In the past there have been sightings of crocodiles, dolphins, turtles and dugongs, however, there is no guarantee you will see wildlife on your cruise. You will experience a Sunset on Darwin Harbour followed by Darwin's skyline lit up at night. The Vessel - Charles Darwin The 'Charles Darwin' is a steel-hulled tri-level catamaran originally named Shangri-La Princess. Built-in Adelaide in 1990 for the Stannard family, a well-known name in the boating industry. 'Charles Darwin' was built for use on the Gold Coast Broadwater taking passengers from Surfers Paradise to the Shangri-La resort on Stradbroke Island. After many years' service, two further owners and two name changes, she became part of the Darwin Harbour Cruises family in April 2010. After extensive re-build and refurbishment in Brisbane, she sailed for Darwin as the 'Charles Darwin' in August 2010.
6. Look for adult clubs, pubs and entertainment
If you want to end the trip on a good note so that you remember it forever you need to make the most of the nightlife in Darwin. Find an adult club-like Langtrees Lounge and enjoy your time with lovely ladies and the best drinks with the Private Girls in Darwin You are sure to get the most out of the cricket collection at the lounge that the owner tried collecting in her lifetime.
So, make your trip more eventful and therefore you need to book beforehand to avoid the hustle of last-minute tension.
Most Recent Articles
- Oct 11, 2022 How to know the United Airlines flight status by confirmation number? by Flykhalifa
- Sep 26, 2022 Como comprar un boleto de avion de Copa Airlines? by Alex Martin
- Sep 26, 2022 Cómo obtener un reembolso instantáneo de Copa Airlines? by Alex Martin
- Jul 21, 2022 Best Mauritius Tour Package for Couple which will make your love bloom in the air! by Chanchal Naruka
- Jul 14, 2022 Book Best Tour Packages For Memorable Vacation Plans by Chanchal Naruka
Most Viewed Articles
- 1424 hits Some facts about how to learn the best driving skills by Oliver Sanan
- 1056 hits Reasons behind the Increasing Demand of City Airport Taxi Services in London by Alzbeta Berka
- 1043 hits Benefits of Reserving an Automobile through Reliable Service Providers in UK by Alzbeta Berka
- 987 hits Facilities of Reserved Transportation for Different Types of Travellers & Corporate Companies by Alzbeta Berka
- 974 hits Avail the best driving lessons at affordable costs by Oliver Sanan
In today’s competitive world, one must be knowledgeable about the latest online business that works effectively through seo services....
Are you caught in between seo companies introduced by a friend, researched by you, or advertised by a particular site? If that is the...
Facebook, the best and most used social app in the world, has all the social features you need. However, one feature is missing. You cannot chat...
Walmart is being sued by a customer alleging racial discrimination. The customer who has filed a lawsuit against the retailer claims that it...
HP Officejet Pro 8600 is the best printer to fulfill the high-volume printing requirements. It supports the top quality printer which can satisfy...