Walmart is being sued by a customer alleging racial discrimination. The customer who has filed a lawsuit against the retailer claims that it is segregating products by the race of the people who use them, CBS Los Angeles reported. Essie Grundy was shopping for a comb in her local store when she found it was locked in a cabinet. "That's when I noticed that all of the African-American products were locked up under lock and key," Grundy told reporters at a news conference on Friday, according to CBS. Walmart said in a statement that it does "not tolerate discrimination of any kind." "We're sensitive to this situation and also understand, like other retailers, that some products such as electronics, automotive, cosmetics and other personal care products are subject to additional security. Those determinations are made on a store-by-store basis using data supporting the need for the heightened measures," a Walmart spokesperson said. Other customers have posted videos online, claiming that the store is inconveniencing African-American customers while leaving other products out in the open: Certain products are locked in cabinets and can only be accessed by employees at the store: One customer has publicly called for customers to boycott the store on Facebook. Others have come to Walmart's defence, claiming that it only locks up products that are frequently stolen. A store manager confirmed this and said that these products are kept under lock and key due to "high theft issues," and it is not a racist act by the company. Walmart said: "We do not tolerate discrimination of any kind at Walmart. We serve more than 140 million customers weekly, crossing all demographics, and are focused on meeting their needs while providing the best shopping experience at each store. We’re sensitive to this situation and also understand, like other retailers, that some products such as electronics, automotive, cosmetics and other personal care products are subject to additional security. Those determinations are made on a store-by-store basis using data supporting the need for the heightened measures. While we’ve yet to review a complaint, we take this situation seriously and look forward to addressing it with the court." Read more: • May tackles new Brexit Rebellion• Philip Hammond and Mark Carney are in China to secure £1 billion of trade deals• Facebook admits that social media can be bad for you Read the original article on Business Insider UK. © 2018. Follow Business Insider UK on Twitter.
Most Recent Articles
- May 2, 2023 Make Them Incredibly Happy With These Rakhi Gifts On Town by Jyoti Vedi
- Apr 29, 2023 Prefer the best quality Woven Fabric collections from the Manufacturer by Huimintex
- Apr 25, 2023 4 Ways To Buy Lego LED Lighting Kit Toys In Bulk by Jon Wilson
- Apr 13, 2023 Varsha Rainwear: The Best Raincoat Manufacturer in India by Varsha Rainwear
- Apr 8, 2023 Discover Your New Favorite Swimsuit at BKning.com by Nur islam
Most Viewed Articles
- 1662 hits RudSak- The Canadian Outerwear Brand by Rud Sak
- 1408 hits What Are The Benefits Of Buying Tops For Girls Online? by Yamini Rawal
- 1197 hits Custom Ps4 Skins can Add that Personal Touch for the Gaming Console! by Cohn Gomez
- 1195 hits Vivo V9 Mobile Cover - Just Some Clicks Away From You by Yamini Rawal
- 1074 hits Marvel Coffee Mugs Allow You to Have Coffee in Style! by Cohn Gomez
In today’s competitive world, one must be knowledgeable about the latest online business that works effectively through seo services....
Are you caught in between seo companies introduced by a friend, researched by you, or advertised by a particular site? If that is the...
Walmart is being sued by a customer alleging racial discrimination. The customer who has filed a lawsuit against the retailer claims that it...
If you have an idea for a new product, you can start by performing a patent search. This will help you decide whether your idea could become the...
Facebook, the best and most used social app in the world, has all the social features you need. However, one feature is missing. You cannot chat...