Pattaya is a city on Thailand’s eastern Gulf coast known for its beaches and nightlife. A quiet fishing village in the 1960s, it’s now home to several resort hotels, shopping malls, go-go bars, and nightclubs. The area also boasts several designer golf courses, some with views of Pattaya Bay. In just less than 2-hours from Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok, you can be in one of Thailand’s most exciting cities.
Some of the attractions you can see in Pattaya are listed here:
The Sanctuary of Truth
Just to the south of the city center is the Sanctuary of Truth, built entirely by wooden hand-carvings, this 20-story complex is an incredible attraction. The temple itself, which is not yet complete, was the vision of a local businessman by the name of Lek Viriyaphan in 1981. The vision begind this ornate concept is to show that all religions lead to one divine truth. The scheduled completion date is 2050.
Pattaya is one of the most popular attractions for single men visiting this port-side city is the Walking Street. Notable for its neon signage, this entertainment and red-light district is home to several go-go bars, massage parlors, and cabarets. The city is home to many expats who enjoy the hedonistic way of life.
Aside from Pattaya’s beautiful beaches, the city has several other attractions that are fun for the whole family:
- Nong Nooch Tropical Botanical Garden is a 500-acre botanical garden and tourist attraction.
- The Teddy Bear Museum is a creative place with a large collection of teddy bears.
- Pattaya’s Floating Market is another fun way to spend the afternoon. From souvenir vendors to food stalls you can spend your time shopping while floating along the canal.
Mini Siam is a miniature park featuring small-scale replicas of buildings and structures from Thailand and beyond.
- If you want to spend your time playing in the water then Cartoon Network Amazone is the place. With 10 themed zones of waterslides and pools, there is something for everyone.
- Pattaya’s Under Water World is the largest and most modern ocean aquarium in Asia. Home to over 200 species you will see exotic, marine and freshwater fish on display up close.
- More family fun includes the world famous Ripley’s Believe It or Not which contains over 300 exhibits sure to amaze. This walkthrough attraction contains enough oddities to boggle your mind and make you question if truth is stranger than fiction.
- Koh Larn (Coral Island) to a short boat ride see the beautiful beaches and coral formations.
How to get to Pattaya from Bangkok?
There are many ways that one could get from Bangkok to Pattaya. You could walk, ride a bicycle, catch a bus, rent a car, or hire a private ride. Walking or riding a bicycle may not sound realistic or practical if you have luggage but if you are ambitious and have several hours to kill you could surely tackle this trek. Taxis are also an option however, aside from the uncomfortable seats on a ride this distance there is also the challenge of negotiating a fair price and hoping there are no surprise fees. Buses are another option and very popular with backpackers and travellers who are on a tight budget. Shuttles, transfers and private rides, call it what you will, this method is growing rapidly in popularity. Competitively priced, safe, fast and easy customers have the ability to arrange everything in advance so that the driver is waiting upon their arrival. Plus, the price is known upfront and there are no hidden fees.
Best way to get to Pattaya from Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok
The best way to get from Bangkok’s busy Suvarnabhumi Airport to Pattaya is by private car ride. Your vacation time is precision and time is money. Yes, you may save a bit of money by catching a bus however, it will take longer, and it will not bring you right to your hotel. Its quite common for a bus to have several stops along the way. Plus, you will be sharing the ride with several other travelers. Some of whom may be struggling to contain a cold or flu. The benefit of private car ride is that a driver to meet you at the airport and your vacation will start much sooner. It’s fast, simple and very affordable.
About The Author :
Most Recent Articles
- Sep 19, 2023 The Comprehensive Guide to A/B Testing in Google Ads by matthew brain
- May 3, 2023 How do I get through to a live person at Avianca Airlines? by Fly Inate
- May 2, 2023 Delta Comfort Plus vs First Class: Which One Should You Choose? by Vootfly Travel Agent
- May 1, 2023 Delta Airlines Baggage Policy | Delta Baggage Policy | +1-888-982-1907 by Jackson Manson
- Apr 29, 2023 How Do I Contact Delta Airlines at Atlanta Airport? by myfareshub
Most Viewed Articles
- 1932 hits Alaska Airlines Reservations by Sara Shepard
- 1838 hits Copa Airlines Missed Flight Policy by Annabell Matt
- 1693 hits Spirit Airlines Refund Policy by Annabell Matt
- 1605 hits 7 REASONS TO VISIT MONTREAL, QUEBEC by Steve Johnson
- 1492 hits how to get cheapest airlines ticket on china southern airlines by rosegolden
In today’s competitive world, one must be knowledgeable about the latest online business that works effectively through seo services....
Are you caught in between seo companies introduced by a friend, researched by you, or advertised by a particular site? If that is the...
Walmart is being sued by a customer alleging racial discrimination. The customer who has filed a lawsuit against the retailer claims that it...
If you have an idea for a new product, you can start by performing a patent search. This will help you decide whether your idea could become the...
Facebook, the best and most used social app in the world, has all the social features you need. However, one feature is missing. You cannot chat...